eClipboard users can determine which features to utilize for their practice.
In eServices Setup, click eClipboard.
See our webinar: eClipboard App .
Set Up eClipboard in Open Dental
- Sign up for eClipboard in the eServices Signup Portal.
- Set up Mobile Settings to use when logging into the app. This only needs done once and is used for all Open Dental apps.
- Determine eClipboard rules and behavior (see below).
Install eClipboard on a Tablet Device
- Install eClipboard to each desired device. eClipboard is available for iOs and Android.
- In the app, enter the Mobile Settings to connect the app with the database.
- Enable the device in the Device Manager.
- (Optional) Lock eClipboard to prevent patients from accessing other areas of the device.
- On Android, enable Pin Windows.
- On iOS, enable Guided Access.
If using clinics, determine if all clinics use the same features, or if features are unique to each clinic.
- Use Defaults for this Clinic: Check to use default settings for the selected clinic. Uncheck to change settings for the selected clinic only.
- Clinic: Select clinic from the dropdown to create clinic specific settings.
Determine the behavior for the eClipboard app.
- Allow self check-in: Allow patients to enter their name and birthdate, confirm their appointment time, and check-in. The patient's appointment status is updated to the Time Arrived trigger, set in Preferences, and the patient is added to the Waiting Room. Appointments must be scheduled for today to utilize eClipboard.
- Allow patients to fill out forms in mobile app: Allow eClipboard to function as a Kiosk where patients can fill out forms.
- Allow payment when patient is checking in: Allow patients to view statements and make a payment. Only available for XCharge (OpenEdge), Edge Express, or PayConnect 1.0 users. See eClipboard: Payment for details.
- Add specified forms upon patient arrival: When checked, the forms defined below are added automatically upon arrival.
- Show kiosk manager when staff changes patient status to arrived: When checked, the Kiosk Manager opens in Open Dental when a user sets the patient's confirmation status as Arrived. The user can then send specific forms to eClipboard for the patient to fill out.
- Require patients to complete authentication before showing sheets: Require patients to verify their identity before filling forms. Patients can choose to have a 6-digit code sent to their phone number or email address, then they enter the code into eClipboard.
- Display check-in questions individually: Require patients to enter their First Name, Last Name, and Birthdate one prompt at a time, rather than all at once.
- Message to show patients after successful check-in: Create a personalized message to display on eClipboard after the patient has completed their check-in checklist.
Send eClipboard BYOD to patient phones
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) allows patients to fill out forms via eClipboard from their mobile device. The Integrated Texting Feature eService is required.
- Confirmation Statuses: Opens Automated Messaging Advanced Settings.
- Allow eClipboard BYOD via text messages: Allow a link to be sent to patients to check in and fill out forms via eClipboard. Patients install eClipboard to their device, then use the link provided to log in.
- Append eClipboard BYOD to Automated Arrival text messages: When checked, and the office is using Arrivals, the [eClipboardBYOD] tag is added to the end of the initial arrival text message. The tag adds a link for patients to follow to install eClipboard. Arrivals are only available for offices using eConfirmations.
Prompt for Image Capture: Click Edit to allow patients to take images of insurance cards, IDs, patient selfies, and more. See eClipboard Images for details.
Specify which forms are added upon patient arrival
When Add specified forms upon patient arrival is checked above, specified forms are added to the eClipboard device automatically when the patient checks in.
- Available Sheets (Custom Sheets Only): Custom designed sheets available to be added for use in eClipboard. Sheets must have Mobile Layout enabled. Select a sheet in the list and use the blue right arrow to move it to the Sheets in Use grid.
- Add Custom Sheets: Click to open Sheets to add more custom sheets to the list of those available. Only custom sheets with a type of PatientForm, MedicalHistory, or Consent can be added.
- Sheets In Use: List of sheets added upon patient arrival. Highlight sheet in grid and use blue left arrow to remove the sheet from use.
- Sheet Name: Displays sheet name.
- Behavior: Displays the behavior for the form.
- Min Age / Max Age: Displays the minimum and maximum age for patients who need to fill the sheet. If no age restriction is added, Not Set displays.
- Frequency: For sheets with a behavior of New or PreFill, displays the number of days before a patient is prompted with a sheet again once they have filled it out.
Double-click a sheet in use to edit the rules.
- Sheet: Displays the sheet name.
- Behavior: Select the sheet behavior. Options include:
- New: Patient fills out a new sheet every set number of days.
- PreFill: The sheet displays every set number of days.
- If a revision has been triggered, and the set number of days has passed, the patient is given a new blank sheet to fill.
- If no revision has occurred, and the set number of days has passed, the patient is given a pre-filled copy of the sheet to review. See Pre-Fill Logic on Patient Forms for more details.
- See the Sheet Revisions section on Edit Sheet Def for more details.
- Once: Only needs filled once per patient. Once filled, patient is not automatically prompted to fill again, unless the sheet has been revised.
- Frequency (Days): For sheets with a behavior of New or PreFill, enter the frequency (in days) at which to prompt a patient with the sheet again once they have filled it out.
- Include minimum age requirement: Check to enable a minimum age for the patient to fill out the form (e.g., Set 18 if minors do not need to fill the form.)
- Minimum Age: Enter the minimum age.
- Include maximum age requirement: Check to enable a maximum age for the patient to fill out the form.
- Maximum Age: Enter the maximum age.
- Sheets to Ignore: Only displays when Once is selected. Click [...] to select from sheets with the same sheet type. When a patient fills out the selected sheet, they are not prompted to fill out any Sheets to Ignore, even if these are in the Sheets in Use list.
- For example: If an office has both the Medical History New Patient and Medical History Update sheets listed under Sheets In Use, both would normally populate for a new patient to fill out, which is redundant. To avoid redundant forms for new patients, set Medical History New Patient to a behavior of Once and list Medical History Update as a Sheet to Ignore. Next, set the Medical History Update for to a behavior of PreFill. This only populates the Medical History New Patient form for new patients. The Medical History Update form populates for subsequent visits as needed.
At the bottom of the window, click Branding Profile to set up branding for eClipboard devices. See eClipboard Branding Profile for details.
Other eClipboard options include eClipboard: Treatment Plan and eClipboard: Payment Plans.
Also see eClipboard Troubleshooting and eClipboard: What Patient Sees.