In eServices Setup, click eClipboard.
To begin using eClipboard, first Sign up for the service.
Clinic: Select clinic from the dropdown to create clinic specific settings.
Use Defaults for this Clinic: Check to use default settings for the selected clinic. Uncheck to change settings for the selected clinic.
Behavior Rules: Determine the behavior for the eClipboard app.
- Allow self check-in: If checked, patients are allowed to search their own name, select their appointment and check-in. They will be marked as arrived, and added to the Waiting Room.
- Allow patients to take self-portrait in mobile app: If checked patients will be able to use the device camera to add a Patient Picture from the app. Pictures are immediately imported into Open Dental.
- Allow patients to fill out forms in mobile app: If checked, the app will function as a Kiosk where patients will be able to fill out forms while checking in via the app.
- Add specified forms upon patient arrival: If checked, forms defined below will be added automatically upon arrival.
- Show kiosk manager when staff changes patient status to arrived: If checked, Kiosk Manager will be opened for user who sets patient as arrived to allow forms to be sent to the app.
- Require patients to complete authentication before showing sheets: If checked, patients must verify identity before forms can be filled. Patients can choose to have a 6-digit code sent to their phone number or email address, then they will enter the code into eClipboard.
Send eClipboard BYOD to patient phones
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) allows patients to fill out forms via eClipboard from their mobile device. Requires the Integrated Texting Feature eService.
Message to show patients after successful check-in: Create personalized message to display in app once patient completes check-in.
- Confirmation Statuses: Opens Automated Messaging Advanced Settings.
- Allow eClipboard BYOD via text messages: If checked, allows a link to be sent to patients to check in and fill out forms via the eClipboard App. Patients install eClipboard to their device, then use the link provided to log in.
- Append eClipboard BYOD to Automated Arrival text message: If checked, and the office is using Arrivals, the [eClipboardBYOD] tag is added to the end of the initial arrival text message. The tag adds a link for patients to follow to install eClipboard. Arrivals are only available for offices using eConfirmations.
Allow Image Capture: Click [...] to determine if the patient can scan in Photo IDs and Insurance Cards. Images are saved the eClipboard folder in the Imaging Module. To add or edit items in the list, see Definitions: eClipboard Images.
Highlight which items patients should be prompted for, then click OK to save. Each option shows as a separate item in the eClipboard check-in checklist.
- Photo ID Front: Prompt the patient to take a photo of the front of their Photo ID.
- Photo ID Back: Prompt the patient to take a photo of the back of their Photo ID.
- Insurance Card Front: Prompt the patient to take a photo of the front of their insurance card.
- Insurance Card Back: Prompt the patient to take a photo of the back of their insurance card.
- None: Click the deselect items.
Specify which forms are added upon patient arrival
- Available Sheets (Custom Sheets Only): Custom sheets available to be added for use in eClipboard. Sheets must have Mobile Layout enabled. Select a sheet in the list and use the blue arrow to move it to the Sheets in Use grid.
- Add Custom Sheets: Click to open Sheets to add more custom sheets to the list of those available.
- Sheets In Use: List of sheets added upon patient arrival. Highlight sheet in grid and use blue arrow to remove sheet from use.
- Sheet Name: Displays sheet name.
- Behavior: Displays the behavior for the form.
- Min Age / Max Age: Displays the minimum and maximum age for patients who need to fill the sheet. If no age resriction is added, Not Set will display.
- Frequency: Displays the frequency for sheets with a behavior of New or Update.
Double-click a sheet in use to edit the rules.
- Sheet: Displays the sheet name.
- Behavior: Select the sheet behavior. Options include:
- New: Patient fills out a new sheet every set number of days.
- Update: Patient fills once, then only fills the entire sheet again if the sheet has been triggered by a revision. If a sheet with a type of Update is triggered by the frequency without a revision, and a filled sheet already exists for the patient, the patient will be prompted to review the already filled sheet. See the Sheet Revisions section on Edit Sheet Def for more details.
- Once: Only needs filled once per patient. Once filled, patient will not be automatically prompted to fill again.
- Frequency: Enter the number of days for sheets with a behavior of New or Update.
- Include minimum age requirement: Check to enable a minimum age for the patient to fill out the form. (e.g. Set 18 if minors do not need to fill the form)
- Minimum Age: Enter the minimum age.
- Include maximum age requirement: Check to enable a maximum age for the patient to fill out the form.
- Maximum Age: Enter the maximum age.
Mobile App Devices
List of tablets and smartphones that have logged into this database via the iOS or Android eClipboard app. Click in the Enabled row to make devices active for use.
Install eClipboard to each device being used in the office. If asked to allow notifications, select Yes.
Launch the app and login using the credentials created for eClipboard during eServices Signup.
Once logged in, the device will list in the Mobile App Devices grid in the screenshot above. Click in the Enabled column on each device to make it active for use.
Lock eClipboard to prevent patients from accessing other areas of the device.
- On Android, enable Pin Windows.
- On iOS, enable Guided Access.
If using BYOD, see BYOD: Workflow and BYOD: What Patient Sees.
A patient must have an appointment scheduled for today's date for eClipboard to populate their information. If the appointment is on a different day, or the patient is new to the office, have them go to the front desk. Once they are scheduled for today's date they may use eClipboard.