Patients can review statements and make payments on the eClipboard device.
In the Account Module, click the Payment dropdown. Select Send Payment to eClipboard.
Payments via eClipboard are only available for XCharge (OpenEdge), Edge Express, or PayConnect 1.0 users.
Patient Currently in Session
If a patient is currently in an eClipboard session, click Send Payment to eClipboard to add the option to the Check-in checklist.
Alternatively, this option can automatically be added to the Check-in checklist when Allow payment when patient is checking in is enabled in eClipboard Setup. Another checklist item (e.g., patient forms or patient photo) must display for patient's to view payment information.
Patient Not in Session
If the patient is not currently in an eClipboard session, the statements and payment request can be sent to the device.
- In the Account Module, click the Payment dropdown.
- Select Send Payment to eClipboard.
- The following window displays:
- In eClipboard, tap the QR icon.
- Alternatively, in the eClipboard menu, tap Patient Payment.
- Either use the device camera to scan the QR code, or type in the unlock code.
- The Payment window in eClipboard opens.
All statements listed in the Account Module display.
- In eClipboard, tap the dropdown next the statement to view.
- Tap Open Statement.
- A PDF of the statement opens.
Make a Payment
Make a payment using a card on file.
- If a card does not exist on file, see below for instructions on adding a card.
- It is recommended an updated statement is added to the account prior to taking a payment. To update the balance after opening eClipboard, create a statement in Open Dental, then tap Refresh in eClipboard.
- At the top of the eClipboard Payment info, the balance of the last statement displays.
- Tap Make Payment.
- The payment window opens.
- Enter an optional note, the amount, and select the card. Then tap Make Payment.
- Save new card?: Tap the box to save the card.
Manage Credit Cards
Cards can be added and deleted as needed.
In eClipboard, tap Manage Cards.
Cards currently on file display.
- Tap New Card to add a new card on file. Enter card and customer information. Then tap Make Payment to add the card.
- This button is only visible for XCharge Users. If using PayConnect, add new cards from within the Open Dental Account Module instead.
- Tap Delete to remove the selected card from file.