The Automated Messaging Advanced Settings houses settings regarding multiple automated messaging features.
In Automated Messaging, click Advanced Settings.
eConfirmation Settings are specific to the eConfirmation feature.
Each time an eConfirmation is sent, the appointment's confirmation status can also update automatically. Set the default status to apply for each circumstance:
1 click vs 2 click confirmation: These settings determine whether patient will click on the confirmation link once or twice to confirm the appointment.
- Confirm from link in message (1-click confirmation): When the patient clicks on the link in the eConfirmation message, the appointment will be immediately confirmed.
- Confirm in portal after clicking link (2-click confirmation): This is the default setting. When patient clicks the link in the eConfirmation message, the confirmation portal will open with a list of choices. Patient can opt to confirm or request a callback.
Exclusion Days: Click to open eConfirmation Exclusion Days.
Auto Message Settings
When an Automated Thank-You message or an eReminder is sent to a patient, and the [AddToCalendar] tag is included in the message, the patient can opt to save the appointment to the calendar on their device.
Use Practice Default: Only displays when a clinic, other than Headquarters, is selected. Check to use the Headquarters title. Uncheck to enter a custom title for the selected clinic.
Auto Message Calendar Event Title: The title of the event saved to the patient's calendar. Use the Clinic dropdown to change the title for each clinic.
Premedicate Template: The sentence sent for eReminders that include the [Premed] tag. The [Premed] tag only sends for patients marked as Premedicate in the Medical area.
Allow Automated Messaging from Appts w/o Clinic: This option applies to both eReminders and eConfirmations when the clinic on an appointment is set to none.
- Checked: eMessages will be sent to all appointments, even if no clinic is assigned.
- Unchecked: Appointments with no clinic will not be sent a message.
Determine if automated messages are sent for appointments with a specific appointment confirmation status. Many of these settings can also be set in Definitions: Appt Confirmed.
Single-click into the grid to determine which statuses do and don't send a message.
- Color: Displays the color associated with the status.
- Send eConfirmation: Send eConfirmations for appointments with this status.
- Change eConfirmation Status: Appointments with this status will have their status updated when the patient confirms the appointment.
- Send eReminder:Send eReminders for appointments with this confirmation status.
- Send Auto Thank-You: Send Thank-Yous for appointments with this confirmation status.
- Send New Pat Thank-You: Send New Patient Thank-Yous for appointments with this confirmation status.
- Send Arrival SMS: Send Arrivals for appointments with this confirmation status.
- Send General Message: Send general messages for appointments with this confirmation status after it has been set complete.
- Send Arrival Response SMS: Appointments with this status will have their status updated if an arrival is responded to.
- Change on eClipboard Check-in: Appointments with this status will be updated to the Time Arrived trigger appointment status set in Preferences when the patient patient checks in via eClipboard.
- Enable BYOD: Appointments with this status allow BYOD text messages to be sent when right-clicking the appointment.
Note: Statuses that are grayed out indicate they are waiting room and dismissed triggers set up in Preferences. These are excluded from automated messaging.