In Sheets, some are generated on-screen before printing, emailing, or saving.
Sheets can be filled in, edited, signed on the Fill Sheet window. Above is an example of a patient registration form.
- All text in input text fields, output text fields, and static text fields is editable.
- Input fields are indicated with a light yellow background.
- Checkboxes and radio buttons can be selected/deselected (toggle an X on or off).
- Signature boxes accept electronic signatures. Once signed, the date and time of the signature will show. If a signature is invalidated or cleared the date/time stamp is removed.
- To enter information on a combo box, there are two options:
- Click on the combo box and select from the dropdown list.
- On your keyboard, tab to the combo box, use the space bar to open the dropdown list, use the arrow to select the item, then press Enter
- Users can arbitrarily freehand draw anywhere on the form using a stylus or mouse.
Fill Sheet Options
The following displays for any form being filled.
- Date time: Indicates the date and time the form is generated.
- Description: Defaults to the sheet description set in Sheet Def Properties.
- Show Order in Kiosk: If adding this form to the Kiosk queue, enter the form's order in the queue. See Kiosk Manager.
- Internal Note: Enter any notes.
- Autosave to Images: Check to save a copy of the form to the Imaging Module. Checked by default if the specific sheet is marked as Autosave in Sheet Def Properties. Only displays when an Imaging Category is marked as Autosave.
- Eraser Tool: Check the box to turn the pointer into an eraser then click and drag, or use the stylus, to erase a drawing. A drawing is defined as a continuous curved line without lifting the pen, so a continuous line is considered a single object. Uncheck to turn the eraser off.
- Print/Email: Print and/or email the form.
- Paper copies: Enter the number to print. The default value depends on the form or letter selected and the emails entered.
- Email to Patient: If an email is entered on the Edit Patient Information window it will show. Check the box to email the form or letter to the patient. When selected, the form or letter will be converted to a PDF and attached to the outgoing email.
- Email to Referral: Only shows if creating a referral letter. If an email is entered for the referral on the Edit Referral window it will show. Check the box to email the letter to the referral.
- Click OK. Paper copies are sent directly to the printer. Once printed or emailed, the form is archived in the database for later reference. Forms can be viewed at the bottom of the Account Module or in the Chart Module.
- Create PDF: Click to save the form as a PDF.
- Print: Click Print to send the form directly to the printer. Prints one copy at a time.
- Email: Click Email to open the Edit Email Message window with a PDF attached to the outgoing email. Finish sending the email from this window. See Email Message Edit.
- To Kiosk: Click to send the form to the Kiosk.
- Change Patient: Associate the sheet with a different patient. Select the patient then click OK to move the sheet. It will be viewable in the new patient's Progress Notes. Changing patients will not change or affect any information in the sheet (e.g. patient name).
- Delete: Remove a sheet. The Sheet Delete security permission is required.
- Deleted sheets will no longer show in the Chart module or commlog but will still exist in the database.
- To view deleted sheets, open the Chart module in Audit mode (Show Chart Views, click Audit).
- Restore: Deleted sheets have a Restore option. To restore a deleted sheet, double click it in Audit mode to open the Fill Sheet window, then click Restore.
- Unlock: Applies to forms with an electronic signature box. Once a sheet is signed, it locks. Only users with the Sheet Edit security permission can unlock it.