In the Account Module toolbar, click the Statement dropdown.
Statement button: Immediately prints to default printer.
Walkout: Immediately prints a Walkout Statement which does not include payment options.
Email: Generates PDF attached to an email. The subject and body are automatically filled in based on Billing Defaults, but can be edited before sending. To securely email statements, see Electronic Billing. Regular email is not a secure method of sending statements (PHI).
Receipt: Immediately prints Receipt with today's payments.
Invoice: Shows Invoice with selected procedures, usually for foreign countries.
Limited: Only shows transactions associated with selected procedures, including adjustments, claim payments, and patient payments. If no procedures are selected completed procedures from the current day will be automatically included.
Limited (Custom): Displays window below.
- Filters: Adjust From and To date, and Transaction types to filter displayed procedures.
- All: Select on displayed procedures.
- None: Deselect all procedures.
- Click OK to generate limited statement for selected procedures.
The statement will not include aging or payment plan information. The total due, insurance estimate, and balance information is based on the items in the statement only.
More Options: Shows the window below to let you customize a statement prior to printing or sending.
Alternatively, this window also opens when you double-click a bill in the Bills List (Billing List). A read-only window also opens when you double-click an existing statement, invoice, or receipt.
Below is a description of all options that might show on the window. Not all options show for all statement types, and not all options can be modified.
- Date: Defaults to today's date.
- Sent: Automatically checked once the statement, invoice, or receipt is printed or emailed. It can also be changed manually.
- Mode: The method of delivery.
- Hide payment options: Remove payment information (amount due, date due, amount enclosed, and credit card payment section, aging).
- Single patient only: If checked, only the selected patient's procedures are included. If unchecked, procedures for all family members are included.
- Intermingle family members: If checked, all patients in the family are mixed in one grid. If unchecked, each family member has their own grid. Set the default setting in Manage Module Preferences.
- Receipt: Create a Receipt instead of a statement. Receipts only include patient payment information.
- Send Text Message: Send a text message to the patient about this statement. Only works when sending statements from the Billing List. Set the default text message in Billing Defaults, SMS Statements. The message can include a clickable URL to access an online version of the statement. See Online Payment.
- Send to Super Family: Only an option if the patient is a member of Super Family and the family guarantor has Included in Super Family Billing checked on the Edit Patient Information. If checked, a super statement that includes account activity for all super family members will be generated. Super statements always group by super family guarantor.
- Include Patient Last Name: Include patient's last name in Patient column of the statement.
- Limited Statement: Indicates the statement is a limited statement. Only shows for limited statements.
- Invoice: Indicates an invoice. Only shows for invoices. An invoice number will also show.
- Date Range: Procedures that fall between the start and end date will show on a statement. Type the dates, or click one of the buttons to insert a date. If either of the dates are blank, it's the same as not putting a limit on the date range. So if both dates are blank, then all procedures will show. Date range is ignored if Only show transactions since last zero balance is checked.
- Show all transactions since family zero balance: If checked, all transactions from the last date the family account balance was zero will print on the statement. The date range entered will be ignored.
- Notes: General notes.
- Bold Note: Shows in bold red above and below the family grid. When printing individual statements, there is no way to set a default note or dunning messages. But if you set up your Quick Paste Notes (Quick Paste Notes Setup) properly, you can fill in a variety of notes in this box using only 2 keystrokes each (? + single letter abbreviation). Default notes and dunning messages can be set as part of the batch billing process.
Buttons at Bottom
Delete: Deletes Statement. If current user does not have the Image Delete Permission copy saved in Image Folder will not be deleted.
Print: Sends to the default printer. The statement is designed to be printed on standard perforated billing paper and to fit inside a standard window envelope.
If the statement is marked as sent, this button will open the statement in PDF.
Note: Envelopes and billing paper may be ordered from many companies. We have found FormSource to have good service and reliability. See their OpenDentalHealth Care Form Price List
. Their number is 1-800-553-3676.
Email: Open the Email window, with a PDF version of the statement, receipt, or invoice attached. The default email message will be used.
Pat Portal: Send the statement to the patient's portal. In order to do so, the following criteria must be met:
If criteria is met, a message will give you an option to notify the patient via email that the statement is available:
- Click No to send the statement to the portal without sending a notification email.
- Click Yes to open the Edit Email Message window with a default message notifying the patient about the statement availability and how to access it.
View: Preview the statement, receipt, or invoice. Clicking view will open the Fill Sheet window for additional options. Edit any custom Sheet Field Types then Print or Email to save the changes.
- Print: Sends to the default printer. When printed, the Fill Sheet window will close and the Sent box will be checked in the Statement window. Click OK to save. Click Cancel to mark the statement as unsent.
- Email: Opens the Email window, with a PDF version of the statement, receipt, or invoice attached. The statement sheet name will be used as the email subject. Insert an E-mail Template or create a custom message.
- Close: Closes the Fill Sheet window without saving changes to the sheet elements.