Auto notes are templates used to insert frequently entered, large Notes (e.g. for hygiene, root canals, materials, anesthetic, post op instructions). In addition to static text, prompts can offer a selection of responses or the ability to enter text. To create or edit auto note templates, see Auto Note Setup.
Note: Auto notes can be easier if you prefer to use one note for an entire visit rather than a separate procedure note for each procedure. In addition to the normal procedures for the day, there will be a clinical note, which is just a procedure with a code that is not an ADA code. For example, Zclin. Leave the default notes blank, and use auto notes to compose a single clinical note.
When auto notes are supported in a text box, an Auto Note button will appear above or below the text box.
- In the text box, place the cursor where you want to insert the note, then click Auto Note.
Auto notes can be grouped by category (folder). Click + to expand a folder tree. Auto notes have a paper icon.
- Double click the auto note to insert. The text of the note will show on the right. Any prompts in the auto note will display in sequence.
- For each prompt, select the response or enter text.
- Back: Move back one prompt to change or view a response.
- Preview: View a preview of the response as it will look in the completed auto note.
- Remove Prompt: Remove this prompt from the auto note completely.
- Next: Move on to the next prompt. If current prompt is left blank, the prompt will remain in the auto note so edits can be made later.
Prompts left unanswered can be answered later on. Simple return to the note and select the Edit Auto Note button. The auto note will resume at the prompt where it was initially skipped.
- Once all prompts have a response, the Compose Auto Note window will remain open with the full text of the note on the right.
- To insert another auto note, repeat steps 2-3.
- Edit or add text as desired.
- Click OK to save.