Auto Notes are templates used to insert frequently-used large notes (e.g., for hygiene, root canals, materials, anesthetic, post-op instructions, etc.).
Place cursor in a Procedure Note box. Above the box, click Auto Note.
- click Auto Note in the Commlog window.
- click the Auto Note in the Task Window.
- click the Auto Note in the Procedure Group Note window.
- right-click and select Insert Auto Note in the Instructions box of a Lab Case.
- right-click and select Insert Auto Note in the Appointment Note box in Edit Appointment.
- select a Text field in the Ortho Chart notes area and click Auto Note in Ortho Chart.
- click Auto Note in the Completed Note or TP'd Note tab in the Edit Procedure Code window.
- right-click and select Insert Auto Note in the Commlog window in Edit Referral
Auto notes can also be used when adding notes in ODTouch.
In addition to static text, prompts can offer a selection of responses or the ability to enter text. Create or edit Auto Note templates in Auto Note Setup.
Note: Auto notes can be easier if a provider prefers to use one note for an entire visit rather than a separate note
for each procedure. In addition to the normal procedures for the day, there is a clinical note, which is just a procedure with a code that is not an ADA code. For example, Zclin
. Leave the default notes blank, and use Auto Notes to compose a single clinical note.
When Auto Notes are supported in a text box, an Auto Note button appears above or below the text box.
Auto Notes can be grouped by category (folder). Click + to expand a folder tree. Auto Notes have a paper icon.
Double-click the Auto Note to insert. The text of the note displays in the text box. Any prompts in the Auto Note are presented in sequence.
For each prompt, select the response or enter text.
- Back: Move back one prompt to change or view a response.
- Preview: View a preview of the response as it will appear in the completed Auto Note. The preview button only appears for One Response or Multi Response prompts.
- Remove Prompt: Remove this prompt from the Auto Note completely. If the Preference Block procedure note signatures when there are uncompleted Auto Note prompts is enabled, this button is disabled.
- Skip for Now: Skip the current prompt. The prompt remains in the Auto Note to answer at a later time. If the preference, Block procedure note signatures when there are uncompleted Auto Note prompts is enabled, this button is hidden.
- Next: Move on to the next prompt. If current prompt is left blank, the prompt remains in the Auto Note so edits can be made later.
Once all prompts have a response, the Compose Auto Note window remains open with the full text of the note on the right.
- To insert additional Auto Notes, repeat steps 2-3.
- Edit or add text as desired.
Editing Auto Note in Progress
Prompts left unanswered can be completed later on. Simply return to the note and select the Edit Auto Note button. The Auto Note resumes at the prompt where it was initially skipped. Button appears on Procedure Notes, Commlogs, and Tasks when available.