Construct the Patient Portal URL and customize the Notification email for patient's who visit Patient Portal.
In eServices Setup, click Patient Portal.
Patient Portal is hosted by Open Dental and available to all customers on support.
Patient Facing URL
URLs determine the web address patients will use to access the patient portal and/or make patient payments. Patients can go directly to the hosted URL (generated by Open Dental) or to the hosted payment URL.
Patient Facing URL: The web address given to patients to access the portal. It can be the hosted URL, or, you can use a page on your own website that redirects the patient to the hosted URL. This URL shows on the printout generated when granting access.
- Customize URL: Enter a custom URL that shows on printouts. Typically, this URL is a redirect that redirects back to patient portal.
- Hosted URL: The patient portal URL generated by Open Dental and linked to your registration key.
Construct Hosted URL
The hosted URL is a unique URL linked to the practice's database.
- Navigate to URL: Click to open the URL in a browser.
- Copy to Clipboard: Click to copy the URL to the clipboard.
- Destination: Affects the Hosted URL.
- Login Page: The Hosted URL will take patients to the Patient Portal Sign in page.
- Make Payment: Adds &PAY=Y to the Hosted URL. The URL will then take patients directly to an area where they can make an online payment, without logging into the portal. Patients will still need to verify personal information and enter payment information. See Online Payment
- Clinic: Affects the clinic name listed in the header on the Hosted URL destination. Click the dropdown menu or [...] to select the clinic.
Notification Email for Secure WebMail
The notification email subject and message are used to create unsecure email notifications that alert a patient when a new Secure WebMail Feature is available in the patient portal.
The email address set as WebMailNotify in Email Setup will be used to send WebMail notifications.
- Subject: The subject of the email.
- Body: The email message itself. Make sure to include the tag [URL]; it will be replaced with a clickable link to the Patient Facing URL when the message is sent. This will allow patients to quickly access the patient portal login page to view the secure message.
- Edit: Click to edit HTML of email message. See HTML Email for details on use.