The ASAP list shows patients who would like to be contacted when an earlier appointment becomes available.
In the Appointments Module, click the Appointment Lists icon in the upper right. Click ASAP.
Use the list to identify patients and quickly notify them about available openings. Appointments can also be scheduled from here.
Hints: Sign up for these eServices to easily send and manage ASAP notifications:
This page explains the fields on the ASAP List window, how to mark appointments as ASAP, how to reschedule ASAP appointments, and how to send an ASAP text message.
Double click an appointment to view appointment details. The ASAP List can remain open while you open other areas of Open Dental.
Appointments tab: Lists scheduled, unscheduled, planned, and broken appointments that have been marked ASAP. To filter the list by appointment status, click the Appointment status dropdown.
Recalls tab: Lists all patients with a recall marked Schedule ASAP on the Edit Recall window, even if they have received a recall reminder already.
- Start / End Date: Determines which appointments list based on recall due date. Defaults to the current week.
- Group Families: Group members within a family together. Defaults to the setting in Setup Recall.
- Show Reminders: Only list patients with a specific number of recall reminders.
To further narrow results on the Appointments or Recalls tab, select other filter criteria then click Refresh to update.
- Provider: Only view appointments for a specific Provider.
- Clinic: Only view appointments for a specific Clinic.
- Site: Only view appointments for a specific site. See Site List.
Right click an appointment to view quick options:
- Select Patient: Open the patient's record with the current module active.
- See Chart: Open the patient's record with the Chart module active.
- Send to Pinboard: Send the appointment to the pinboard for scheduling.
- Remove from ASAP: Remove the appointment's ASAP status, thus removing it from the ASAP List.
Text: Only available when Integrated Texting is enabled. See Send an ASAP Text Messages below.
Web Sched ASAP Sign up/ Send / History:
Print List: Print the entire ASAP list as it appears on-screen.
Mark Appointments as ASAP
Scheduled appointments, planned appointments, and unscheduled recall appointments can be marked as ASAP.
Scheduled appointments: On the appointment schedule, right click on the appointment then select Mark as ASAP. Or double click the appointment to open the Edit Appointment window, then check ASAP.
Note: To add ASAP to the appointment box or bubble, add ASAP to the Appointment View
Appointments on the Unscheduled List (status = UnschedList): From the Unscheduled list, double click to the open the Edit Appointment window, then check ASAP.
Planned appointments: Double click a planned appointment to open the Edit Planned Appointment window, then check ASAP.
Recalls: In the Family Module, Recall List, or Patient Appointments, double click a recall to open the Edit Recall window, then check Schedule ASAP.
Reschedule an Appointment from the ASAP List
- In the ASAP List, right click on the appointment, then click Send to Pinboard.
- In the Appointments module, drag the appointment from the pinboard to the new time and day.
Note: Rescheduling an appointment using this method will not change its ASAP status. When you schedule a recall appointment this way, the scheduled appointment will not be marked ASAP, however the recall will still be marked Schedule as ASAP.
Send an ASAP Text Message
To enable this option, sign up for Integrated Texting.
- (Optional) In the ASAP List, highlight the patient(s) to send a text message to.
Note: If you select patients before clicking Text, only those patients will be texted. If you do not select patients first and click Text, all patients with a wireless number will be auto-selected.
- Click Text.
- Enter the date and time of the available appointment, then click OK.
- Review the text message and modify if needed. The default text message is the Text Manual message. See ASAP Message Setup.
- Click Send. A commlog will be added to each patient's account.