Set the default options for the Recall List in on the Setup Recall window.
- Customize text, email, and postcard messages.
- Set defaults when printing postcards.
- Set logic for using email as the contact method.
- Set default options for status, recall types, grouping, date range, and reminder time intervals.
Hint: Use to Web Sched Recall automate recall reminders, management, and scheduling. This eService can automatically send recall reminders to patients via email and/or text messaging, based on recall due dates. Reminders include a clickable Open Dental link that allows patients to schedule their own recall appointments online, thus reducing your daily workload.
Note: Default options for postcards and email logic also affect the Confirmation List
To open the Setup Recall window, in the Main Menu, click Setup, Appointments, Recall.
The Messages grid lists the various subject lines and text used for recall reminders sent from the Recall List.
- Remind#: When the reminder will be used (first reminder, second reminder, etc.).
- Mode: When the message will be used based on the method of delivery (Email, Postcard, WebSched Email, WebSched Text).
- Third column: General guidance about the message and its use.
- Message: The message text.
To change message text:
- Double click on a row.
- Enter the subject or message text. Insert variables as needed.
- Click OK to save.
Text with brackets indicates variables that pull information directly from the database. For example [NameF], you are due for your regular dental check-up on [DueDate] might look like this:
"John, you are due for your regular dental check-up on 01/12/2015."
- [NameFL]: Patient first and last name.
- [NameF]: Patient first name only.
- [FamilyList]: List first name and recall due date of all family members (if Group Families is selected).
- [DueDate]: Date the recall is due.
- [URL] (Web Sched only): The unique link the patient will click to schedule their appointment.
- [ClinicName]: Clinic name (patient's default clinic).
- [ClinicPhone]: Clinic phone number.
- [PracticeName]: Practice name.
- [PracticePhone]: Practice phone.
- [OfficePhone]: Uses clinic phone number if available, otherwise inserts practice phone.
A text message segment is 160 characters. Each additional message segment will result in additional charges.
- A carriage return adds two characters.
- The following characters are allowed. If other characters are used the message will fail.
a-z, A-Z, 0-9, . , : ; ! ? ( ) ~ = + - _ \ / @ $ # & %
When multiple family members are sent a Web Sched Recall reminder, the message is automatically aggregated using a standard message format that cannot be changed. See Web Sched Recall.
Recall Status Options
The status options determine which recall status is automatically applied when a recall reminder is sent. Customize options in Definitions: Recall / Unsched Status.
- Status for mailed recall: The status applied when a recall postcard is printed.
- Status for emailed recall: The status applied when a recall reminder is emailed.
- Status for texted recall: The status applied when a recall reminder is sent via text message using Web Sched Recall.
- Status for emailed and texted recall: The status applied when a recall reminder is emailed and texted using Web Sched Recall.
Recall List Defaults
The following options affect what shows in the recall list by default.
Types to show in recall list: Highlight the Recall Types to show. To highlight multiple types, click and drag or press Ctrl while clicking
Note: Prophy type covers both adult and child prophies.
Recall List Default View: Select default filter and sort options.
- Group Families: Determines the default setting of the Group Families box. When checked, family members are grouped together.
- Days Past: Determines the default Start Date. The farther back you go, the fewer patients who will slip through the cracks. If using Web Sched Recall it cannot be blank.
- Days Future: Determines the default End Date.
Exclude options: Select only one.
- Exclude from list if recall scheduled: Do not include patients who have a scheduled recall appointment.
- Exclude from list if any future appt: Do not include patients who have any scheduled appointment.
Also show in list if # of days since: Set reminder intervals. Each patient will first show up on the list when they are due for recall. Once a reminder (Commlog of type Recall) is sent, they will disappear from the list until they are due for their next reminder.
- Initial Reminder: The number of days from the first reminder until the second reminder is triggered (e.g. 90 days from first reminder). This cannot be zero if using Web Sched Recall.
- Second (or more) Reminder: The number of days from the second reminder until the third and subsequent reminders are triggered (e.g. 182 days from the second reminder). This cannot be zero if using Web Sched Recall.
- Max # of Reminders: The maximum number of reminders before a patient is removed from the list. Leave the box empty to set no maximum.
Example: Setting this to three will include patients in the list until a fourth reminder is sent.
These options affect printing of both recall and confirmation postcards.
- Postcards per sheet (1, 3, or 4): The number of postcards that print per page.
- Show return address: Check the box to print the Practice return address.
- Adjust Postcard Position in Inches: Change the offset when printing.
The Use email if is used by to determine when email is a patient's default contact method (Contact column).
- Has Email Address: Email will be the default Contact method with a patient has an email address entered (Edit Patient Information) and no other preferred method is selected for recall.
- Email is preferred contact method: Email will be a patient's default Contact method only when Email is the preferred confirmation or recall method.