This feature lets you customize which fields of information show in various areas, field size, and the order in which they show.
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Display Fields.
Each category refers to a specific area:
- AccountModule: Columns in the Account module, Patient Account area.
- AccountPatientInformation: Display a patient information area in the Account module. This area will not show at all if no fields are listed under "Fields Showing".
- AppointmentBubble: The popup bubble that shows when you hover over an Appointment in the schedule.
- AppointmentEdit: Columns in the Procedures on this Appointment grid, in the Edit Appointment window.
- ChartPatientInformation: Columns in the Chart module, Patient Info area.
- FamilyRecallGrid: Columns in the Family module, Recall area.
- OrthoChart: Columns that show in the lower grid on Ortho Chart window. This setup is different than other display fields. See Ortho Chart.
- PatientInformation: Rows in the Family module, Patient Information area.
- PatientSelect: Columns in the Select Patient window.
- ProcedureGroupNote: Columns in the Procedures List when adding a Group Note.
- RecallList: Columns in the Recall List.
- StatementMainGrid: Columns in the StatementMain grid when Customizing Statements Using Sheets.
- TreatmentPlanModule: Columns in the Treatment Plan module, Procedures list, on saved and printed Treatment Plans, and in the TreatPlanMain grid when Customizing Treatment Plans using Sheets.
progress notes can be customized using the Chart Views interface.
- Double click a category to customize the information that shows.
- Select which fields to show, then define properties and sort order.
- Fields Showing: All fields currently showing in the category.
- Available Fields: A list of fields that can be added to the category. Fields will vary depending on the category. For a description of some fields, see Available Fields below.
- Set to Default: Return all Fields Showing to the default. This will remove any fields that have been added.
- To move fields between Available Fields and Fields Showing, highlight the fields then click the left or right arrows in the middle of the window.
- To change the order of fields, click the up/down arrows.
- Double click on a field to change its properties.
Internal Name: The name of the field in Open Dental code. This value cannot be changed.
New Description: The label that will identify this field in the interface.
Minimum Width: A fixed minimum column width based on the New Description length.
Column Width: The maximum allowed width of the column. This is designed to allow the Language translation feature
to work better when foreign words are longer.
We continue to expand this feature by adding more grid types and more column fields. If there are other grids or fields that you are interested in, please submit a Feature Request. Request for additional fields usually get implemented quickly.
Most fields that list under Available fields are self explanatory. Below are a few that need additional explanation.
- Signed: Indicate when an item has been electronically signed (e.g. procedures, consent forms).
- Pat Fields: Adds all Custom patient fields
- Broken Appts: Display the number of broken appointments a patient has. The count is based on the broken appointment procedure (DD986) if it exists in the Procedure Code List, or if it doesn't exist, adjustments with a 'broken appt' type.
- Patient Portal: Indicates if patient has been granted access to the Patient Portal. Double click this field to Grant Access or generate new passwords.
- Tobacco Use: Indicates a patient's tobacco use history (up to three of the most recent assessments). Can only be added to ChartPatientInformation. Double click to open the Tobacco Use window and assess status.