Procedure codes can be maintained, edited and accessed via the Procedure Code list.
In the Main Menu, click Lists, Procedure Codes, or press Ctrl+Shift+F.
If some buttons do not show on your window, you do not have the Setup Permission.
Search: There are three search options:
By Abbreviation: Search the entire procedure code list for a specific abbreviation.
By Description: Search for entered text in all description text in the selected category(s).
By Code: Search for a specific code in the selected category(s).
Categories: Procedure codes are grouped by category. Click on a category to only show procedures within the category. To see all codes, click All, or select every category (press Ctrl while clicking).
- Edit Categories: Jump to Definitions, Proc Code Categories where you can add, edit, rearrange and hide categories.
- Show Hidden: Check this box to show categories marked hidden; uncheck it to hide those categories. Click default to set the default Show Hidden setting.
Procedures Grid: The procedures that show depend on the Category highlighted. The fees that show for each procedure code depend on the Fee Schedule highlighted. For example, when Standard fee schedule is highlighted, there is a Standard column in the grid with Standard fees. When PPO is highlighted, the column is labeled PPO and lists PPO fees.
To enter or change a fee, make sure the correct fee schedule is highlighted, then simply click in the cell and enter the fee. Or, double click anywhere in the row, except in the fee column, to open the Edit Procedure Code window.
View Fee Sched: A list of all Fee Schedules that have been set up.
- Compare Fee Schedules: View and compare fees for multiple fee schedules. Click the dropdown to select the fee schedules. New columns for each schedule, and fees for each procedure, will show in the Procedures grid.
- Fee Scheds: Jump to Fee Schedule Setup.
- Fee Tools: Access tools available for fee schedules, such as importing/exporting fees, fee increases, and global updates. See Fee
- Import/Export: Import or export procedure codes to an XML format. Note that it is a violation of the copyright to share ADA
procedure codes with another office. But many other types of codes
can be imported and exported. Only the codes currently showing
in the grid are exported. This gives you the option to just
export a few codes rather than all codes. This is useful
in Foreign Countries.
- Tools: Use after updating from the Trial
version to the full version of Open Dental. These tools automatically get the database to a more functional state with minimal setup. See Procedure Code Tools.
- New: Add a Procedure Code. Useful for Foreign Countries who do not use ADA codes, or when adding a non ADA code.