Outstanding Insurance Claims Report
The Outstanding Insurance Claims report is useful for tracking claims that have been sent, but not received. From here you can also update tracking status for many claims at once.
- In the main menu, click Reports, Standard.
- In the Monthly section, click Outstanding Insurance Claims.
Claims that meet the filter criteria will list. Click a column title to sort results in ascending or descending order. To view a claim, double click it.
- Days Old (min/max): Filter by claim age. The default is 30 days. The age is based on the Date Sent as entered on the Edit Claim window, not the Date of Service. Thus, claims recently sent can be excluded from the report. Leave both fields blank to show all claims.
- Include Preauths: Include Preauthorizations.
- Ignore Custom Tracking: Do not consider or show claim tracking status in report results (Edit Claim window, Status tab). If ignored, the Track Status and Date Status columns will not show, 'days suppressed' values as a result of the status will be ignored, and the report will print in portrait mode. If custom tracking status does show in the report (this box unchecked), the report will print in landscape mode.
- Treat Provs: Filter the report by treating provider. Click the dropdown, then highlight the providers to include. Press Ctrl while clicking to select multiple providers. Click Refresh to update the list.
- Clinics: If using Clinics, filter by clinic. Click the dropdown, then highlight the clinics to include. Press Ctrl while clicking to select multiple clinics. Click Refresh to update the list.
- Last Claim Custom Tracking Status: Filter by last recorded claim tracking status. Click the dropdown to select an option. Click Refresh to update the list.
- Carrier: Filter by insurance carrier. Enter the carrier name and click Refresh.
- Patient Name: To show patient numbers with names, in Reports Setup, select the "Show PatNum: Aging, OutstandingIns, ProcsNotBilled:" option.
- Amount: The total fee billed to each carrier, not what will be paid. Thus, do not use this report to determine outstanding insurance payment amounts.
- Track Status: The last claim tracking status entered. This column won't show if ' Ignore Custom Tracking' is checked.
- Date Status: The date the track status was entered. This column won't show if ' Ignore Custom Tracking' is checked.
- Click Print to print the report, or click export save the report as a .txt or .xls file.
Update Claim Tracking Status
Use this tool to change the Track Status of all claims currently in the grid. The Claim Sent Edit Permission is required. See Edit Claim window, Status tab for tracking status information.
- Change report filter criteria as needed.
- Click Update Custom Tracking.
- Click the dropdown to select a status.
- Add a note if desired.
- Click Update. The Track Status and Date Status for all claims will update.
Example of a printed report