Customize Treatment Plans Using Sheets
Printed Treatment Plans can be customized using Sheets.
Note: The custom treatment plan sheet listed first alphabetically will be used. If there is no custom treatment plan, the internal sheet will be used.
Example: If there are two custom treatment plan sheets, Custom Treatment Plan and Treatment Plan 2, Custom Treatment Plan will be used because it comes first alphabetically.
Enable the Preference
In version 17.1 and greater, all treatment plans automatically use sheets. There is no preference to enable.
In version 16.4 and earlier, to use a custom sheet for all treatment plans, enable the preference in Treatment Plan Module Preferences.
- In the main menu, click Setup, Treat' Plan.
- Check the option 'Treatment Plans use Sheets'. Uncheck the preference to use the classic treatment plan format instead.
Set up a Treatment Plan Sheet
- In the main menu, click Setup, Sheets.
- Copy a treatment plan sheet or create a new one.
- Highlight the internal Treatment Plan sheet and click Copy. Then double click the custom treatment plan.
- Click New and create a new sheet with a Treatment Plan type.
- Double click an existing custom treatment plan to edit it.
- Highlight an existing custom treatment plan then click Duplicate to copy it.
Below is a copy of the internal Treatment Plan sheet.
- Customize the sheet:
A treatment plan sheet must have exactly one signature box. It also must have at least one Grid: TreatPlanMain.
Edit Properties: Edit the sheet name, font defaults, width/height, and page orientation.
Sheet Elements and Options
Some options are only available to sheets with a Treatment Plan type.
- Tooth chart and tooth chart legend: These are Special fields.
- TreatPlanMain grid: The grid between the tooth chart legend and Family Insurance Benefits. At least one of this grid type must exist on a treatment plan sheet. The columns, header, width and order are determined in Display Fields, TreatmentPlanModule.
- TreatPlanBenefitsFamily grid: Family Insurance Benefits grid
- TreatPlanBenefitsIndividual grid: Individual Insurance Benefits grid
- Note: This Output Text Field refers to the Treatment Plan Note (see Editing Treatment Plans).
- Click OK to save the cusom sheet.