Open Dental has many report options accessed from the Main Menu that allow you to view your data in organized formats.
- Standard: Standard, text based reports (production and income, daily and monthly reports, lists, and public health options). See Standard Reports.
- Standard Favorites: Displays reports marked as Sub Menu in Report Setup: Display Settings.
- Graphic: Visual graphic reports by provider or clinic and customizable to fit your requirements (production and income, accounts receivable, new patients, and broken appointments). See Graphic Reports.
- User Query: Generate custom reports in any format and export any data you want. See User Query.
- User Query Favorites: Displays user queries marked as released in Query Favorites.
- eService Activity Log: Opens the eService Activity Log.
- Unfinalized Payments: Shows the number of outstanding unfinalized payments in parentheses e.g. (3). Click to open the Unfinalized Insurance Payment Report. For the number of unfinalized payments to show, the Open Dental Service must be installed and running.
Other Reports in Open Dental:
Note: If you converted from another software, do not run reports with dates prior to or on your conversion day.
Unfinalized Payments: If unfinalized payments are not showing in the menu item, make sure the OpenDental Service is installed in the Service Manager.
Custom Reports: Some users may have a Custom Reports menu item. This is part a deprecated report system. It means there is a reports folder in your A to Z Folders (typically Reports) that contains at least one .rdl file (e.g. Unsched Treat Plans.rdl). For each .rdl file in the folder, there will be one menu item.