Filling Out Sheets
Several Sheet types are generated on screen before printing, emailing, or saving. These sheets can be filled in, edited, signed on the Fill Sheet window. Below is an example of a patient registration form.
Date time: The date and time the form is generated.
Description: The default is the sheet description on the Edit Properties window.
Internal Note: Enter any notes.
Show Order in Kiosk: If adding this form to the Kiosk queue, enter the form's order in the queue.
Eraser Tool: Check the box to turn the pointer into an eraser to remove a freehand drawing on form. Then click and drag, or use the stylus, to erase a drawing. A drawing is defined as a continuous curved line without lifting the pen, so a continuous line is considered a single object. Uncheck to turn the eraser off.
Print/Email: Print and/or email the form.
- Paper copies: Enter the number to print. The default value depends on the form or letter selected and the emails entered.
- Email to Patient: If an email is entered on the Patient Edit window it will show. Check the box to email the form or letter to the patient.
- Email to Referral: Only shows if creating a Referral Letter. If an email is entered for the referral on the Edit Referral window it will show. Check the box to email the letter to the referral.
If email is selected, the form or letter will be converted to a PDF and attached to the outgoing email.
Click OK. Paper copies are sent directly to the printer. For emails, see Email. Once printed or emailed, the sheet is archived in the database for later reference. Sheets can be viewed at the bottom of the Account module or in the Chart module.
Print: Click Print to send the form directly to the printer. Prints one copy at a time.
Email: Click Email to open the Edit Email Message window with a PDF attached to the outgoing email. Finish sending the email from this window.
Create PDF: Generate a PDF version of the form.
Change Patient: Associate the sheet with a different patient. Select the patient then click OK to move the sheet. It will be viewable in the new patient's Progress Notes. Changing patients will not change or affect any information in the sheet (e.g. patient name).
Delete: Remove a sheet. The Sheet Delete Permission is required.
- Deleted sheets will no longer show in the Chart module or Commlog but will still exist in the database.
- To view deleted sheets, open the Chart module in Audit mode (Show tab, click Audit).
Restore: Deleted sheets have a Restore button. To restore a deleted sheet, double click it in Audit mode to open the Fill Sheet window, then click Restore. Unlock: Applies to forms with an electronic signature box. Once a sheet is signed, it locks. Only users with the Sheet Edit security Permission can unlock it.