Definitions: Image Categories
The Image Categories definition controls which folders show in the Images module (tree view) and each category's properties. The order of categories also affects the order of tabs in the Chart module (below Patient Info). Changes affect all patient records.
Add or Edit an Image Category
- Click Setup, Definitions, then select Image Categories.
All categories that already exist show.
- Click Add to add a new category or double click a category to edit.
- Name: Enter the name of the category.
- Usage: Select category properties by checking the boxes that apply.
Expanded by default: When checked, this category will default to showing all files within it, if the Images Module Preference is 'Document tree folders persistent expand/collapse per user' and if the user hasn't manually collapsed the category.
Show in Chart module: When checked, a tab for the category will show in the Chart module below Patient Info. Items in the category can then be accessed by double-clicking a thumbnail image.
Show in Patient Forms: When checked, items in the category can be accessed from the Patient Forms window.
Show in Patient Portal: When checked, items in the category can be accessed from the Patient Portal Images area. See Patient Portal: What the Patient Sees.
Only one of the options below can be selected for a category:
Note: If more than one category has 'patient pictures, 'statements', 'graphical tooth charts', or 'payment plans' checked, only the category listed first in the Images module will be used. Treatment plans, however, can show in multiple categories.
- Patient Pictures: Images stored in this category will be used as the patient picture in the Family module and on the Appointment.
- Statements: This category will store PDF copies of all printed Statements.
- Graphical Tooth Charts: This category will store all tooth charts saved in the Chart module.
- Treatment Plan: This category will store PDF copies of all printed Treatment Plans.
- Payment Plans: This category will store PDF copies of saved Payment Plan Terms.
- Click OK to save the category.
reorder categories, highlight a category, then click the up/down buttons.
Remove / Hide a Category
There are two ways to hide a category so it is no longer visible.
- On the main Definitions window, highlight the item, then click Hide.
- On the Edit Definitions window, check the Hidden box.
If you hide a category, images in that category will also be hidden, so only hide a category if you are certain it has never been used.