If an employee leaves your practice, below are some steps to follow.
Note: If using the Time Clock
, do not hide or delete any employees until payroll has been processed.
- Task List and Inbox: Employee task lists can be renamed or reassigned to a new user. To remove it as a To Task List option:
- Right-click on the employee's task list.
- Click Edit Properties.
- Set the Object Type as None.
- Schedule Setup: Remove the employee from the daily schedule. Use the Copy Day/Copy Week feature to change future days as needed.
- Employees: Mark the employee as hidden.
- Security: Mark the user as hidden. Users cannot be hidden if they have the Security Admin permission. Change the user's user group before hiding if necessary.
If a Provider (doctor or hygienist) is leaving, there are additional steps to follow.
- Operatories: If the provider is assigned to an operatory, change the provider, or select None.
- Appointment Views: Remove the provider bar from any appointment views.
- Move Patients: Move the provider's patients to a different provider.
- Provider Edit: Mark the provider as Hidden. This will remove the provider as a selection option for appointments and procedures, and it will remove any future schedule for the provider. Appointments are not affected.
- To remove the provider as selectable on reports, also check Hidden on Reports.
- Manually remove the provider from future appointments (you will need to select a different provider) or use the Update Provs on Future Appts to reassign all appointments for a specific operatory to the scheduled provider.