In the Tasks area, in the Main tab, click Add Task List.
- Alternatively, open a task list and click Add Task List to create a sub-task list within a main task list.
- To edit an existing task list, right-click the list and select Edit Properties.
Task Lists are a way to organize tasks. A task list can have nested task lists or tasks within it, much like the folder/file concept. A user's inbox is also considered a task list.
- Description: Enter the task list name.
- Object Type: Select whether to attach patients or appointments to tasks in this list.
- Patient: Select when setting up an inbox, or if you want this task list to be available in the main toolbar when you click To Task List.
- Appointment: Select when you want this task list to be available when you click To Task List in the Edit Appointment window.
- Global Filter Override: Only available when Global Filter for Task Lists is enabled.
- Default: This task list will automatically use the filtering option selected in Tasks Preferences.
- None: This task list will not automatically filter. This overrides the selection set in Task Preferences.
- Clinic: This task list will automatically filter by the selected clinic. This overrides the selection set in Task Preferences.
- Region: This task list will automatically filter by region. This overrides the selection set in Task Preferences.
- Date: Leave blank. Only visible when Repeating Task Lists (Legacy) is enabled.
- Date Type: Set to none. Only visible when Repeating Task Lists (Legacy) is enabled.
- Is From Repeating: Leave unchecked. Only visible when Repeating Task Lists (Legacy) is enabled.
Set up a User Inbox
A User Inbox is a task list that contains tasks sent directly to a specific user when you click Send To or Reply.
For each inbox, create a task list for the user and select Patient as the task list's Object Type.
In the Main Menu, click Setup, Tasks, Inbox Setup.
Current users appear on the left. All existing task lists appear on the right. To add or edit users, see User Edit.
To set an inbox, highlight the user on the left, then the associated task list on the right, and click Set. Repeat for each user you want to create an inbox for.
Have each user log in and subscribe to their inbox. See Tasks Area for details on finding and subscribing to a list.