In the Appointments Module, the Update Prov on Future Appts tool changes the provider and hygienist on all future appointments in an operatory to match the operatory's scheduled provider and hygienist. This is useful when you change an operatory's provider or hygienist or after a final conversion (replaces the hygiene query).
- If, in Schedule Setup, a provider's time block has been assigned an operatory, the scheduled provider will override the operatory provider, if different.
- Running this tool will update the provider and hygienist on every future appointment in the operatory. To only change provider/hygienist on individual appointments, see Edit Appointment Window instead.
- This tool will not remove the Is Hygiene flag from the appointment, even if Is Hyg is not checked in the operatory setup.
- This tool will not remove a Hygienist even if the operatory no longer has a Hygienist assigned, or a Hygienist is assigned to the operatory schedule.
- We recommend backing up your data before running the tool.
- The logged-on user must have the Setup and Edit Appointment permissions.
- This tool should be run after hours, as it may take a long time to run.
Run the Tool
- For each operatory, make sure the operatory provider and hygienist are set correctly. See Operatory Setup.
- If using schedules, ensure the provider is assigned to the correct operatories under Setup, Schedules.
- In the Appointments module, right click on an open time block in the operatory, then select Update Provs on Future Appts.
- Click Yes to start running the tool.
- A Done message will indicate when the tool is finished running. Click OK to close.
After a Conversion
After a Final Conversion, future hygiene appointments may have the hygienist assigned as the primary provider. Once providers and operatories are setup, you should update appointment providers to match operatory providers.
Versions 17.1 and later: Run the Update Prov on Future Appts tool for each operatory.
Versions 16.4 and earlier: Contact Open Dental. We will run a query to change these appointments to the dentist and hygienist assigned to the appointment's operatory.