Use the Blockouts definition to set up the text and background color of Blockouts available in the Appointment schedule. Requires the Setup permission.
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Definitions, then select Blockout Types.
The Flags column indicates the selected Usage selection for the blockout type.
- DC: Disable Cut/Copy/Paste is checked.
- NS: Block appointments scheduling is checked.
- Click Add to add a new blockout type, or double-click a blockout type to edit.
- Name: Enter a name for the blockout. This will show on the appointment schedule.
- Usage: Check a box to assign usage for the blockout type.
- Block appointments scheduling: When checked, appointments cannot be scheduled over this blockout type.
- Disable Cut/Copy/Paste: When checked, the individual cut blockout, copy blockout, and paste blockout options are disabled for this blockout type.
- Color: Click the color box to select the color of the blockout.
- Click OK to save.
Reorder Blockout Types
On the main Definitions window, highlight a type, then click the up/down arrow.
Hide a Blockout Type
There are two ways to hide a type so it is no longer an option.
- On the main Definitions window, select the item, then click Hide.
- On the Edit Definition window, check the Hidden box.
We recommend also moving the item to the bottom of the list. To show a hidden item, open the Edit Definition window and uncheck the Hidden box.