Definitions allow you to customize Open Dental colors, options, and some defaults.
- Choose which colors to use for backgrounds, text, and notifications.
- Define list options, categories, and types available on various windows.
In the Main Menu, click Setup, Definitions.
Definitions are grouped by category. Click on a category and its definitions and current settings show on the right. A short description of the category and what the definitions control shows in the Guidelines area.
If a category controls list options, types, or categories, the Edit Items buttons are enabled.
- Add: Add a new item to a category.
- Hide: Hide an item. To mark an item unhidden, you must open the Edit Definition window.
- Up/Down: Move an item up or down in the list. This will also affect the sort order of the item in pick lists.
Add or Edit a Definition
- Double click on a definition to edit it, or click Add to add a new definition.
- Enter or select definition information, The options available differ depending on the definition you are editing.
- If text can be edited, the text field will be white.
- Some definitions can be hidden/unhidden.
- If color is an option, single click on the colored block to select a color.
- Click OK to save.