CareCredit is a credit card for financing healthcare expenses.
In Setup, Program Links, double-click CareCredit from https://www.carecredit.com/.
The CareCredit bridge integrates CareCredit with Open Dental. Users must be on support with Open Dental to use this feature.
Setup the CareCredit program link to begin using the integration.
- Enabled: Check to enable CareCredit.
- Hide advertising: If not using CareCredit, check to hide CareCredit buttons in the Treatment Plan Module, Account Module, and Payment window.
- Pre-Approval Status Patient Field: Displays Batch Quickscreen Approval Statuses.
- Merchant number by provider: Only displays when clinics is enabled. Determines how the Merchant Number (provided by CareCredit) is entered.
- Checked: Removes Merchant Number box below. Enter the Merchant Number for each provider in the Providers Edit window.
- Unchecked: Merchant Number is not by provider. Enter the Merchant Number in the box below.
- Clinic: Only displays if Clinics is enabled. Select the clinic the settings apply to.
Clinic Settings: This heading only appears when clinics is enabled. When clinics is not enabled, these settings relate to the practice. When clinics is enabled, these settings relate to the selected clinic.
- Payment Type: The Payment Type used for CareCredit transactions.
- Merchant Number: Unique 16-digit ID for the office. If using clinics, this number is the same for all clinics. This number is provided by CareCredit.
- Enable Batch Quickscreen processing: Quickscreen is a way to check if a patient has been pre-approved for CareCredit. When enabled, a webservice will check if a patient is pre-approved. The webservice uses future appointments to know which patients to check. There is no way to turn this off for a specific patient. It is either all patients or no patients.
- Only patients that have not had any completed transactions (purchase/refunds/Quickscreen) in the last 60 days will be sent for Quickscreen pre-approvals.
- Users will need to accept or decline the pre-approval before the patient can process a CareCredit transaction. Users will be able to right-click on the appointment to accept or decline.
- If Merchant number by Provider is checked, the provider on the appointment must have a merchant number entered.
- Batch Quickscreen Settings: How many days in the future to check for pre-approvals. The default is 2. Options are 1, 2, or 3.
The eConnector and Open Dental Service are required to utilize CareCredit and receive CareCredit Alerts.
Click OK to save settings. If Quickscreen is enabled, and CareCredit Approval Status has not been added to an Appointment View, you will be prompted to add it.
- Click Yes to quickly add the CareCredit Approval Status to Appointment views. The Appointment Views window will open.
- Click No to continue without updating the Appointment Views. Views can be edited at any time.
Batch Quickscreen is a CareCredit feature that pre-approves patients for financing. When enabled, Batch Quickscreen automatically attempts to pre-approve patients for their estimated appointment fees (rounded to the nearest dollar) prior to their appointment. Batch Quickscreen is run at 7:15am Eastern Time each morning. If we do not get a response back from CareCredit when running Batch Quickscreen, the batch will have a pending status. Open Dental will continue trying for a response. If no response is received after 24 hours, the batch will expire.
QuickScreen is enabled by default, but can be turned off by unchecking Enable Batch QuickScreen processing. Patients cannot individually opt out of QuickScreen.
The following information is required for patients to be screened: First Name, Last Name, Address, Zip Code, City, State, and Phone Number. Email, SSN, and Date of Birth are recommended but not required.
A patients Quickscreen status can be viewed in the Patient Information area of the Family Module or by adding the CareCredit Approval Status to the Appointment view.
- Pre-Approved: Patient has been pre-approved. An application for this patient can be sent for financing.
- Unable to Pre-Approve - Refer Patient to Credit Application: CareCredit is unable to pre-approve this patient.
- Cardholder: The patient is a current CareCredit cardholder.