In the Appointments Module, select an appointment. Click the Delete Action Button.
Appointments should not be deleted without considering how they will be tracked.
- If the appointment was missed or was cancelled without 24 hrs notice, then use Break Appointment.
- After breaking the appointment, consider sending it to the Unscheduled List for followup.
- If the patient really does not want followup, then make sure the appointment is still in the Planned Appointments list so that it will show in the Planned Appointment Tracker.
- A recall appointment is a little different. You can delete a recall appointment because it will continue to show on the Recall List for followup.
- Completed appointments cannot be deleted if procedures are attached and Prevent changes to completed appointment with completed procedures is enabled in Appointments Module Preferences.