The Planned Appointment Tracker lists Planned Appointments that have been created but not scheduled.
In Appointment Lists, click Planned Tracker.
If a patient does not schedule a planned appointment, or if the scheduled appointment is deleted, this system will track the appointment so they don't slip through the cracks. This tool is useful for keeping production levels as high as possible. Regularly review this list to fill the schedule with quality procedures.
To make this process work, every patient who needs treatment of any kind must have a Planned Appointment created before they leave the office.
Note: This feature is not for scheduling recall appointments. For that, use the Recall List
Setup: Click to define default date range of planned appointments to display.
- Days Past: Number of days past to determine From date.
- Days Future: Number of days past to determine To date.
Narrow or sort the list by specific criteria. Click Refresh to update.
- Order by: Sort the list alphabetically by appointment unscheduled status, alphabetically by last name, first name, or by date the planned appointment was created.
- Provider: Only view appointments for a specific Provider.
- Clinic: Only view appointments for a specific Clinic.
- Site: Only view appointments for a specific Site.
- Code Range: Only view planned appointments for specific procedures. Enter a single procedure code or range of codes.
- From / To: Click the down arrow to select a specific date range from a calendar. Click the down arrow again to close the calendar. Defaults to today's date.
- Select Patient: Select the patient the planned appointment is associated to.
- See Chart: Open the patient's Chart Module.
- Send to Pinboard: Schedule the planned appointment by sending it to the Pinboard. Alternatively, double-click the appointment to open it and send it to the Pinboard.
Once scheduled, planned appointments no longer list in the tracker. They will still list in the Chart Module, Planned Appts tab until they are marked done or deleted.