Web Sched Recall Sign up and Set up
This page explains how to set up Web Sched Recall.
- Sign up for Web Sched Recall.
- In version 17.1 and greater, use the Signup Portal. For all other versions, contact Open Dental.
- To send Web Sched Recall reminders via text messaging, also sign up for Integrated Texting.
- Update to the latest stable version.
- Set up the eConnector (only needs to be done once, shared by all eServices).
- Make sure recall in general is set up properly. See Recall: General Setup.
- Define Web Sched Recall settings (operatories, recall types, automation).
- For each patient, make sure email address and/or wireless phone number, and preferred recall method are entered.
Sign up for Web Sched Recall (Signup Portal)
To sign up, the logged on user must have Full Access (Security Admin permission).
- In the main menu, click eServices, Signup to open the eServices Signup Portal.
- The Basic View tab is active by default when there is only one location.
- The Advanced View is active by default when there are multiple locations.
- If in Basic View, select the clinic first (upper left corner).
- Hover over Web Sched Recalls to view service details.
- Check the Web Sched Recall sign up box to turn on the service. If in Advanced View, check the box for each clinic that will use Web Sched Recall. The Total amounts will update to reflect the new charges.
- Click Save to save settings. New charges will be reflected within two billing cycles.
Web Sched Recall Settings
This step includes verifying Web Sched Recall operatories, recall types, and automation options.
- In the main menu, click eServices, Web Sched tab, then Recalls tab:
- Operatories Considered: All operatories marked 'Is Web Sched' will list. These operatories will be considered when determining open time slots for Web Sched Recall appointments. Double click a row to change an operatory's properties in Operatory Setup.
- Recall Types: Verify Recall Type intervals, time patterns, and appointment length. Double click a row to change settings in Recall Type Setup.
All recall types list, but only 'special type' recalls will receive Web Sched Recall reminders.
- Customize the notification message sent to the patient: Customize the text in the email and text reminder sent to patients who are due for a recall appointment. By default, the text is the same in each message, but it can be different. There can be up to three recall reminders.
a. Click Recall Setup to open the Setup Recall window. Below is an example of the default text for the first WebSched reminders (1).
b. Double click on a reminder to make changes.
Variable options include:
- NameFL: Patient first and last name.
- NameF: Patient first name only.
- FamilyList: List first name and recall due date of all family members (if Group Families is selected).
- DueDate: Date the recall is due.
- URL: The unique link the patient will click to schedule their appointment. The generated link will be appointment and patient-specific and cannot be changed.
- ClinicName: Clinic name (patient's default clinic).
- ClinicPhone: Clinic phone number.
- PracticeName: Practice name.
- PracticePhone: Practice phone.
- OfficePhone: Uses clinic phone number if available, otherwise inserts practice phone.
c. Click OK to save the message text and close the window.
Aggregated Messages: When multiple family members are sent a Web Sched Recall reminder, the message will be aggregated into one. The aggregated message format cannot be changed.
The [FamilyListURLs] tag will be replaced lines that look like this:
Harry - Schedule appointment at http://od.ag/w/LWVhHhR
- Aggregated text message recall reminder:
Dental checkups due: [FamilyListURLs].
Visit links to schedule appointments or call [OfficePhone].
- Aggregated email message recall reminder:
These family members are due for a dental checkup:
Please visit the links above or call our office today at [OfficePhone] to schedule your appointment.
- Ignore Blockout Types: By default, Web Sched Recall will not consider Blockouts as available time. However, you can allow scheduling during specific blockout times by 'ignoring' a blockout type.
Click Edit to open a list of all blockout types.
Highlight any blockout types to ignore (Web Sched Recall appointments can be scheduled in the blockout).
c. Click OK.
The next two steps turn on/off automated emails and/or text message Web Sched Recall reminders. Automated reminders are optional.
- Send Email Messages Automatically to: Select which patients will be emailed automated Web Sched Recall reminders. There are four options:
- Do not send: Do not send any automated email reminders to patients (e.g. you only want to manually send them using the Recall List).
- Patients with email addresses: Email automated recall reminders to all patients who have an email address, regardless of preferred recall method.
- Patients with email address and no other preferred recall method is selected: Only email automated recall reminders to patients who have an email address if no other preferred recall method is selected (e.g. none).
- Patients with email addresses and email is selected as their preferred recall method: Only email automated recall reminders to patients with an email address who have email as their preferred recall method.
- Send Text Messages Automatically to: Select which patients will be texted automated Web Sched Recall reminders:
- Do not send: Do not text any automated text reminders to patients (e.g. you only want to manually send them using the Recall List)..
- Patients with wireless phone and texting OK: Only send automated text reminders to patients who have a wireless phone number entered and are set to accept text messages (Edit Patient Information window, Text OK).
- Time Slots: Select how provider will affect available time slots.
- First Available: Show available time slots for all providers.
- Primary Provider: Show only available time slots for the patient's primary provider.
- Secondary Provider: Show only available time slots for the patient's secondary provider.
- Last Seen Hygienist: Show only available time slots for the last hygienist seen by the patient.
- Run Times: Set the run time for all automated reminders. The run time determines the hours during which an automated reminder can be sent. Click the Miscellaneous tab to set start/end times. See Automated eServices Schedule.
Preview Available Time Slots
Under Available Times for Patients, preview open time slots for a specific recall type, provider, and/or clinic. Matching results for up to one month will list.
- Date: The date of the first previewed opening (start date). Click Today to insert today's date.
- Recall Type: View open slots for a specific recall type.
- Provider: View open slots for a specific provider.
- Clinic:View open slots for a specific clinic.
Web Sched Recall Logic
Below are details and information that affect Web Sched Recall openings, provider assignment, and appointment details.
- Providers are assigned based on the operatory the appointment is scheduled in (the provider of the operatory for the time block). It is therefore important to assign a default provider to the operatory and/or assign the operatory to the provider's schedule time block.
- The provider's Schedule should extend as far into the future as you want to schedule appointments. You can't schedule recall appointments 6 months in the future if there is no schedule set 6 months out.
- The appointment schedule's Time Increment affects appointment start/end.
- Recall type time pattern determines appointment length
- Recall type procedures determine the procedures on the appointment.
Available time slots:
- Only operatories marked as 'Is Web Sched' are considered.
- Blockouts are only considered 'available' time when they are added to the 'ignore' list.
- There can be multiple operatories with openings. If an appointment is scheduled using 'First Available' provider as the criteria, the operatory on the farthest left of the schedule (order of 1) is selected.
Clinics: It is important to assign patients to a clinic (Edit Patient Information window). Web Sched will first check for available openings in operatories of the patient's clinic. If the patient has no clinic, it will look at operatories for the clinic of the last scheduled or completed appointment. If no clinic can be determined, only time slots in operatories assigned to no clinic are considered (operratories flagged 'Is Web Sched' with 'None' as the clinic).
Web Sched Recall: What the Patient Sees.