Below is a description of what happens when a practice sends Web Sched Recall reminders to patients (automated or manual) and the patients goes online to schedule. See Web Sched for a description of the Web Sched Recall service.
One reminder for each recall appointment is sent to the patient's Authorized Representatives. Each reminder contains a clickable link that is patient-specific based on patient number.
To schedule an appointment, the patient will follow these steps:
- Open the reminder and click on the link in the message text to open Web Sched Recall in a browser.
- Practice or clinic name, address, and phone number: Based on the information entered in Practice Setup or Clinic List (patient's default clinic).
- Patient info: Only the patient's first name and age shows. If the patient is over 89, 89+ shows. No PHI is displayed.
- Calendar: Shows the first available time slots available for new patient appointments, based on criteria selected when Setting up Web Sched Recall.
- Select an appointment date. Available time slots will show.
- Select a time slot.
- (optional) Check Notify me if an earlier appointment time becomes available to have the office notify patient about earlier appointments. This marks the appointment as ASAP and it will show on the ASAP List.
- Click Finalize Appt.
- A confirmation message will show. To confirm, click Yes. To return to the list of available dates, click No.
- If Yes, a confirmation of the now scheduled appointment will show.
- Close the browser to end the session.
In Open Dental
Note: Once an appointment is scheduled it cannot be changed in Web Sched Recall. If a patient reopens the email link, they will be notified an appointment has already been booked.