In the Main Menu, click Tools, Web Forms.
When staff retrieves a Web Form, it is matched to a patient and viewable in the patient's Chart Module and Patient Forms. Up to 20 web forms can be retrieved at one time.
All web forms that have already been retrieved, for the date range, are listed.
- To change the date range, enter a new start and end date then click Refresh. Click Today to only view forms submitted today.
- To view forms submitted for a specific clinic, use the Clinic dropdown menu or click [...] to select multiple clinics. Use Headquarters to view forms not assigned to a clinic.
- To open a web form, double click it.
- To view all of the patient's forms, right click on the row then click View this patient's forms.
Click Retrieve New Forms.
- Open Dental will attempt to automatically attach each retrieved web form to an existing patient.
- If an exact match is made, the form is automatically retrieved and viewable in Chart, Forms. See Web Form Logic below for details.
If a match is not made, you will be prompted to pick a patient.
- Matches: More than one patient with the same first name, last name, and birthdate was found for the web form. Double click the correct patient.
- Close Matches: No exact match was found for the web form. Choose a close match from the list, select an existing patient, or create a new patient.
The submitted last name, first name, and birthdate show at the top.
To import data from a patient form or medication history into the database, see Import Patient Forms and Medical Histories.
Open Dental uses the following logic to match retrieved web forms to patients.
- Initially Open Dental will attempt to match a patient based on last name, first name, birthdate.
- If only one exact match is found, the web form will be automatically retrieved.
- If there is more than one match, email address and phone number will also be considered. If at least one phone number or email address matches any phone number or email address on file, the web form will be retrieved. If neither phone nor email has a match, you will be prompted to pick a patient or skip retrieval.
- If there is no match at all, you will be prompted to pick a patient or skip retrieval.
Web forms that are successfully received are permanently deleted from the Open Dental web server. If a duplicate patient is created, see Merge Patients.
To restore a web form that was deleted from a patient's chart, double click it.