Use the Treatment Finder report to quickly identify Active patients who have unscheduled treatment planned procedures.
In Standard Reports, in the Lists section, click Treatment Finder.
When first generated, the list includes patients who:
- Have treatment planned procedures (does not include procedures with a $0 fee).
- Have no scheduled appointment.
- Have insurance with a benefit year that follows the calendar year.
Different settings affect the results of the report. In the View section, change the report criteria then click Refresh List to update the results.
- TP Date Since: Only include patients who have a dated treatment plan on or after a specified date.
- Ins Month Start: Filter the list by when a patient's insurance year begins.
- The default is Calendar Year.
- For cases where the insurance begins mid-year, we recommend running the report monthly. (For example, select November to find patients whose benefits expire on November 1st.)
- If January is set as an insurance plan's start month, this is not the same as calendar year. To include those patients in the treatment finder report, you must select January as the Ins Month Start.
- Amount remaining over: Only include patients that have a specific amount of insurance remaining. Results will include patients whose Amt Rem plus Amt Pend is over the amount, and patients who have no annual max.
- Provider: The default option is All which includes all providers (including hidden providers). From the drop down menu select to only include patients with a specific primary provider.
- Billing Type: Include patients with a specific billing type.
- Clinics: Filter results by selected clinic. Users that are restricted to certain clinics will only see those clinics.
Note: When connected via Middle Tier
you will not be able to run the report for All clinics.
- Use Treating Provider: Check to filter by patient's treating provider instead of primary provider.
- Assume procedures are General: Assume all procedures for a patient apply towards annual max. Set the default in Report Setup: Misc Settings.
- Include patients without insurance: Include patients with no insurance. If checked, the Ins Month Start is ignored.
- Include patients with upcoming appointments: Include patients who have a scheduled appointment in the future. Planned appointments are not included; see Planned Appointment Tracker instead.
- Code Range: Only include patients who have specific treatment planned procedures.
Treatment Finder Grid
The Treatment Finder grid displays results for the selected criteria. Click a column header to sort.
- LName / FName: Last name and first name of the patient.
- Contact: Preferred Recall contact method from Edit Patient Information. If no Preferred Recall Method is set for a patient the Home Phone Number will display under Contact instead.
- Annual Max: View individual (I) or family (F) annual max insurance benefits. Patients with no annual max will have a Amt Rem of $0.
- Amt Used: View amount of insurance used for completed procedures attached to received, supplemental, or adjustment insurance claims. Individual and family amounts show.
- Amt Pend: View pending insurance claims with attached completed procedures. Individual and family amounts show.
- Amt Rem: View remaining insurance benefits. Individual and family amounts show. Amount remaining includes completed procedures.
- TreatPlan: Total procedure fees for the individual patient's treatment planned procedures.
- Insurance Carrier: Patient's primary insurance carrier.
- Clinic: Displays clinic patients is assigned to.
Right-click a patient to view Family Module or Account Module.
- Letters Preview: Highlight patients you wish to send a letter to. Select the patient letter template to use then click OK. A PDF preview of all letters will generate. Patient letter templates are defined in Sheets.
- Export to File: Export all results as a txt or xls file that can be merged or imported into another program. For all patients, Pat Num, Last Name, First Name, Contact Method, Address, City, State, Zip, Annual Max, Amount Used, Amount Pending, Amount Remaining and Treatment Plan total will be exported.
- Single labels: Select a patient, then click Single Labels to send the label directly to the printer.
- Label Preview: Click to generate a PDF preview of labels. Click Print to send to the printer.
- Print List: Click to print the list. See example below:
- Go to Family: View Family Module for selected patient.
- Go to Account: View Account Module for selected patient.