Use the Treatment Finder report to quickly identify Active patients who have unscheduled treatment planned procedures and remaining insurance benefits.
In Standard Reports, in the Lists section, click Treatment Finder.
When first generated, the list includes patients who:
- Have treatment planned procedures (does not include procedures with a $0 fee).
- Have no scheduled appointment.
- Have insurance with a benefit year that follows the calendar year.
Note: By default, the report includes patients whose insurance benefits follow the calendar year (Benefit year = calendar year). It can also be used to identify patients whose insurance benefits start on a specific month (Benefit Year = Month). For these cases, we recommend running the report monthly and simply changing the report criteria. For Ins Month Start, select the starting benefit month to report on. For example, select November to find patients whose benefits expire on November 1st.
Click any column header to sort.
- Contact: Preferred Recall contact method from Edit Patient Information. If no Preferred Recall Method is set for a patient the Home Phone Number will display under Contact instead.
- Annual Max: View individual (I) or family (F) annual max insurance benefits. Patients with no annual max will have a Amt Rem of $0.
- Amt Used: View amount of insurance used for completed procedures attached to received, supplemental, or adjustment insurance claims. Individual and family amounts show.
- Amt Pend: View pending insurance claims with attached completed procedures. Individual and family amounts show.
- Amt Remaining: View remaining insurance benefits. Individual and family amounts show. Amount remaining includes completed procedures.
- TreatPlan: Total procedure fees for the individual patient's treatment planned procedures.
- Insurance Carrier: Patient's primary insurance carrier.
Change the report criteria then click Refresh List to update.
- Include patients without insurance: Include patients with no insurance. If checked, the Ins Month Start is ignored.
- Include patients with upcoming appointments: Include patients who have a scheduled appointment in the future. Planned appointments are not included; see Planned Appointment Tracker instead.
- Amount remaining over: Only include patients that have a specific amount of insurance remaining. Results will include patients whose Amt Rem plus Amt Pend is over the amount, and patients who have no annual max.
- TP Date Since: Only include patients who have a dated treatment plan on or after a specified date.
- Ins Month Start: Filter the list by when a patient's insurance year begins. Benefits
- Calendar Year: Include patients whose insurance plan Benefit year follows the calendar year (ends December 31).
- Specific Month: Include patients whose insurance plan Benefit year starts on a specific month.
Note: If January is set as an insurance plan's start month, this is not the same as calendar year. To include those patients in the treatment finder report, you must select January as the Ins Month Start.
- Provider: The default option is All which includes all providers (including hidden providers). From the drop down menu select to only include patients with a specific primary provider.
- Billing Type: Include patients with a specific billing type.
- Clinics: Filter results by selected clinic. Users that are restricted to certain clinics will only see those clinics.
- Code Range: Only include patients who have specific treatment planned procedures.
- Assume procedures are General: Assume all procedures for a patient apply towards annual max. Set the default in Report Setup: Misc Settings.
There are three options for viewing a patient:
- To go to a patient's Chart Module quickly, click on the patient row.
- Go to Family: Click to go to a patient's Family Module quickly. You can also right-click on the patient row, then click See Family.
- See Account: Click to go a patient's Account Module quickly. You can also right-click on the patient row, then click See Account.
Letters Preview: Highlight patients you wish to send a letter to. Select the patient letter template to use then click OK. A PDF preview of all letters will generate. Patient letter templates are defined in Sheets
Export to File: Export all results as a txt or xls file that can be merged or imported into another program. For all patients, Pat Num, Last Name, First Name, Contact Method, Address, City, State, Zip, Annual Max, Amount Used, Amount Pending, Amount Remaining and Treatment Plan total will be exported.
Single labels: Select a patient, then click Single Labels to send the label directly to the printer.
Label Preview: Click to generate a PDF preview of labels. Click Print to send to the printer.
Print List: Click to print the list. See example below:
Note: If using planned appointments, you can also use the Planned Appointment Tracker
to track and schedule treatment planned procedures throughout the year.