Determine which User Groups have access to specific reports.
In the Main Menu, click Setup, Reports.
Alternatively, from the Standard Reports window, click Setup. Select the Security Permissions tab.
All available reports will list, grouped by category.
User Group: Select the user group.
Set All: Set all reports to allowed. Allowed column will be set to X for all reports.
Set None: Remove access to all reports. Allowed column will be set blank for all reports.
Allowed: Click in the Allowed column to toggle between allowing or blocking report access for individual reports.
- X: User group allowed access to report.
- Blank: User group denied access to report.
Click OK to save.
When the logged-on user does not have access to a report [Locked] shows next to the report name in the Reports window..
Note: There are two Security Permissions
(Setup, Security) that control whether or not a user can access financial reports for other providers:
- Production and Income, View All Providers: User can access Production and Income reports for all providers. If a provider does not have this permission, they can still view their own reports, but only when they are logged on.
- Daily - View All Providers: User can access the Daily Payments, Daily Procedures, Daily Adjustments and Daily Write-offs reports for all providers. If a provider does not have this permission, they can still view their own reports, but only when they are logged on.
- A provider without the above permissions can also view reports for a second provider that has the same first and last name (e.g. one provider in Open Dental represents patients with private insurance, and the second provider represents Medicare patients, but they are the same physical provider). This is a unique case.