Report security permissions control access to individual standard reports, by user group.
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Reports. Or from the Standard Reports window, click Setup in the upper left.
- Open the Security Permissions tab.
All available reports will list, grouped by category.
- User Group: Select the user group.
- Allowed/Blocked: Click in the Allowed column to toggle between allowing or blocking report access. Or click Set All to quickly grant access to all reports.
- Click OK to save.
Note: There are two Security Permissions
(Setup, Security) that control whether or not a user can access financial reports for other providers:
- Production and Income, View All Providers: User can access Production and Income reports for all providers. If a provider does not have this permission, they can still view their own reports, but only when they are logged on.
- Daily - View All Providers: User can access the Daily Payments, Daily Procedures, Daily Adjustments and Daily Write-offs reports for all providers. If a provider does not have this permission, they can still view their own reports, but only when they are logged on.
- A provider without the above permissions can also view reports for a second provider that has the same first and last name (e.g. one provider in Open Dental represents patients with private insurance, and the second provider represents Medicare patients, but they are the same physical provider). This is a unique case.