Use the PPO Write-offs report to compare write-offs by claim or carrier.
In Standard Reports, in the Monthly section, click PPO Write-offs.
This report will list standard fees, PPO fees, and write-off amounts.
Filters and Options
Set the report options and filters before running the report.
Calendar: In the left calendar select the start date. In the right calendar select the end date. The date range defaults to last calendar month.
Group Results: Select an option to determine how results are grouped.
- Individual Claims: List fees and write-offs by claim. Shows patient name.
- Group by Carrier: List total fees and write-offs by carrier.
Enter a few letters of the carrier to limit results: To filter or limit the results by a specific carrier, type a carrier name here.
Show Insurance Write-offs: Determines the date write-offs are applied. See Show Insurance Writeoffs for more details.
- Using insurance payment date: Apply write-offs on the date the insurance claim is received.
- Using procedure date: Apply write-offs on the day the procedure is completed.
- Using initial claim date for write-off estimates, insurance pay date for write-off adjustments: Apply write-off estimates on the day of the insurance claim and changes to write-offs estimates once an insurance payment is entered. Shows write-off information on the claim date only. Includes additional columns on the report. See below for details.
After setting report options and filters, click OK to generate a print preview of the report. The report will differ depending on the grouping behavior. Below are examples of the report and explanation of the report columns.
For a description of toolbar buttons, see Complex Report System.
Example of report when Individual Claims is selected:
Procedures billed to multiple PPO insurance plans, will be shown on separate rows. The StandFee for the procedures will be included in all the rows for additional claim(s).
The following columns only appear when Individual Claims is selected:
- Date: Write-off date. This will differ depending on the selected Show Insurance Write-offs behavior.
- Patient: Last name and first name of patient associated to claim.
- Provider: Lists a provider associated with at least one Claim Procedures ( claimprocs ) on the claim.
Example of report when Group by Carrier is selected:
The following columns appear regardless of the selected grouping behavior:
- Carrier: Insurance carrier associated to the write-off.
- Stand Fee: Standard fee. (e.g., office fee, UCR fee, etc.). This total may not match Production and Income reports as procedures billed to multiple PPO insurance plan types will be accounted for in this total for each PPO claim sent.
- Write-off: Write-off or estimated write-off. Column does not show when Using initial claim date for write-off estimates, insurance pay date for write-off adjustments is selected; Alternate columns are displayed instead.
- The following columns appear when Using initial claim date for write-off estimates, insurance pay date for write-off adjustments is selected:
- Write-off Estimate: Write-off estimate in the Claim Snapshot. Appears on the report on the initial claim date.
- Write-off Adjustment: Write-off adjustments from the insurance payment date (i.e., any change to the original write-off estimate).
- PPO Fee: Fee from Fee Schedule assigned to Insurance Plan (e.g., insurance fees, contracted fees).