In the Main Menu, click Setup, Program Links. Double-click on EdgeExpress from www.globalpaymentsintegrated.com.
EdgeExpress is part of XCharge (OpenEdge). Both are provided by Global Payments Integrated.
- Typically, EdgeExpress cannot be installed simultaneously with XCharge, as only one can be used for regular patient payments.
- If using EdgeExpress for online payments, XCharge can still be installed for regular patient payments.
- Open Dental Cloud users must use EdgeExpress over XCharge.
To enable EdgeExpress:
- Check the Enabled box.
- If using clinics, select the Clinic the Payment Settings apply to.
- Select the default Payment Type for EdgeExpress transactions.
- Determine the following:
- Prompt for signature on CC trans by default: Check to prompt patients for a signature on the credit card terminal before completing transactions. The terminal must support electronic signatures.
- Print receipts by default: Check to automatically print an EdgeExpress receipt to the default receipt Printer when a transaction is completed.
- Recurring charges force duplicates by default: By default, transactions for the same amount charged to the same card on the same day are declined. This is to prevent accidentally charging a card twice. Check to allow duplicate charges. Useful if family members have recurring charges set up on the same card for the same day.
- Prevent saving new cards: Uncheck to allow users to process new transactions or save new payment information to a patient's account. Check to prevent users from processing new transactions or saving new payment information.
- To set whether or not new cards are saved to a patient's account after each transaction, see Preferences, Automatically store credit card tokens.
- Enable payments for patient portal and eClipboard: Check to allow patient payments via Patient Portal. See Online Payment Management.
- Enter the X-Web settings:
- Enter the XWebID (12 digits).
- Enter the Auth Key (32 digits).
- Enter the Terminal ID (8 digits).
- Click OK to save.
When enabled, a Global Payments Integrated button will display in the Payment window.