In Clearinghouses, double-click Electronic Dental Services.
Electronic Dental Services - Dental (EDS Dental) is an E-Claims clearinghouse. They offer claim processing, electronic billing, ERAs, and attachments. Visit their website at www.edsedi.com. EDS supplies the program and setup.
Open Dental Setup
To enable EDS as the default clearinghouse, set EDS as the Dental default in the Clearinghouses window.
In the Edit Clearinghouses window, set the following:
- Comm Bridge: When set to EDS, send claims directly to the EDS clearinghouse. When set to None, send claims to the Claim Export Path instead.
- Use Claim Export Path: Only available when EDS is set as the Comm Bridge. Check the box save 837 files sent with e-claims to the Claim Export Path. Uncheck to block saving the files.
- ERA Options: Select the preferred ERA download setting.
- Do Not Download ERAs: Only available when EDS is set as the Comm Bridge. Do not automatically download ERAs.
- Download ERAs: Only available when EDS is set as the Comm Bridge. Automatically download ERAs to the Report Path.
To use EDS for:
The Electronic Payer IDs list is automatically updated when EDS is set as the default clearinghouse. The Open Dental Service is required.