The Discount Plan feature is useful for practices that offer in-house discount plans for patients that do not have insurance.
In the Main Menu, click Lists, Discount Plans.
Alternatively, in the Family Module, click Discount Plan.
This feature uses discount adjustments to reduce the full procedure fee. The adjustment amount is calculated by subtracting the discount plan's procedure fee from the provider's UCR fee.
- Description: The name of the discount plan.
- Fee Schedule: The fee schedule assigned to the discount plan.
- Adjustment Type: The adjustment type selected for the discount plan.
- Pats: lists the number of patients currently using this discount plan.
- Hidden: An X will display for discount plans marked Hidden.
- Show Hidden: Check to include Hidden plans in the list.
- Add: Create a new discount plan (see below).
- Merge: Combine two discount plans. See: Merge Discount Plans
There are three main steps to create a Discount Plan
- Create the adjustment type that will be used for the discount plan's adjustments:
This adjustment type will be associated with all adjustments for the discount plan. Also see Definitions: Adj Types.
In the Main Menu, click Setup, Definitions, Adj Types. Click Add. Name the new adjustment type, enter dp to flag it as a discount plan adjustment, then click OK.
Note: If you have multiple discount plans, consider creating an adjustment type for each plan to track adjustment totals.
- Create the discount plan's fee schedule and enter its fees:
There are two options. Also see Procedure Codes.
- Enter the fees manually.
- Copy the UCR fee schedule, then decrease fees by a percentage.
- Create the discount plan (associate the adjustment type and fee schedule):
In the Discount Plan list above, click Add, or double-click to edit.
Enter the name of the discount plan in Description. Click [...] to select the discount plan's Fee Schedule.
Select an Adjustment Type from the dropdown to use for the discount plan. Only adjustment types flagged as dp are options. The number of Patients currently using this discount plan will display. Click the dropdown to view the list of names.
Note: The Insurance Plan Edit security permission is required to add or change discount plans.
Remove/Hide Discount Plans
Hidden discount plans will not show in the Discount Plan list unless Show Hidden is selected. Only discount plans not associated to patients can be hidden.
- In the Main Menu, click Lists, Discount Plans.
- Double click the discount plan to hide.
- Check the Hidden box.
- Click OK to save.
Run the Discount Plans Report to view a list of all or a specific discount plan, the associated fee schedule, adjustment type, and patients using the plan.