The Pinboard is a useful tool for moving or scheduling Appointments. It is on the right side of the Appointments module, under the calendar.
To schedule an appointment, simply send appointments to the Pinboard, select a different day or week, then drag the appointment to the new date/time. You can send appointments to the Pinboard in several ways:
- In the Appointment schedule, drag an existing appointment to the Pinboard.
- On the Appointments for [patient] window, click Copy to Pinboard. Or, double click the planned appointment in the Appointments for Patient grid and click Pinboard.
- From the Recall List, click
Sched Family or Sched Patient.
- From a Planned Appointment, click Copy To Pinboard.
You can have multiple appointments on the Pinboard at one time. Press Clear to empty the Pinboard and return any existing appointments to their originally scheduled time.
Searching for Openings
If your schedule is booked out for more than a few days, manually searching for a slot can be time consuming. Instead, you can search for available openings. Schedules must be set up for the search to work. There are two search behavior options; set the behavior in Appointments Module Preferences.
- In the Appointments module, first drag an appointment to the Pinboard.
- Click Search to view results.
The first available time slots will show for each of the next 10 available days. Click More to see the next 10 results.
Click on any date to jump to it in the schedule.
Results can be filtered by date, time, or Provider. If you change criteria, click Search again to refresh results.
- After (Date): Click the dropdown to select a date from a calendar.
- Before/After (Time): Enter the time restriction to search. Entering both a before time and an after time searches for openings between the two times. For example, enter Before 4:00 pm and After 12:00 pm to return openings from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm if available.
- Providers: Lists providers currently included in the search. Click Providers to select from the Provider list.
- Dentists: Immediately search all providers who are dentists. This will only show providers who are selected in the Appointment view.
- Hygienists: Immediately search all providers who are hygienists. This will only show non-providers who are selected in the Appointment view.
- When you find a suitable date, drag the appointment off the Pinboard, then click X or Close to exit.