Use this report to procedures with an incomplete note or to find incomplete group notes.
In Standard Reports, in the Daily section, click Incomplete Procedure Notes.
Optionally, this report can include procedures with no note or unsigned notes.
- Incomplete Procedure Note: A procedure with uncompleted quotations in the Notes text (e.g., Due Date ""). Flagged with a red Incomplete Note warning above the note.
- Incomplete Auto Notes: Procedures with Auto Notes that have skipped prompts.
- No Procedure Note: The procedure has no text in the Notes box, and all other procedures with the same date also have no note. If a procedure has uncompleted quotations, any other procedure completed the same day, without a note, will be excluded from the list.
- Unsigned Procedure Note: There is a note on the procedure that has not been signed (valid or invalid signature).
Set the report filters to update the Incomplete Procedure Notes grid.
Include procedures with no notes on any procedure for the same day: Check to list patients with completed procedures, on the same day that do not have a note and uncompleted quotations.
Include procedures with a note that is unsigned: Check to include procedures with a note but no note signature (valid or invalid).
- If Include procedures with no notes on any procedure for the same day is also checked and no note exists in the procedure note field, the Unsigned column will be blank.
Show Excluded Codes: Check to include excluded codes in the report. Users can determine which codes to exclude in Report Setup: Misc Settings, Excluded Codes for Incomplete Procedure Report.
Clinics: Select specific clinics, or check All (includes hidden) to include all patients, including those marked hidden.
- Filters by clinic assigned to procedure.
- If user is restricted to specific clinics, only accessible clinics will list. When selecting All (includes hidden), results will also include hidden clinics the user has access to; results do not include clinics user is restricted from or procedures not assigned to a clinic.
Providers: Select the providers to include. Ctrl + click to select multiple providers. Check All to include all listed providers.
- When a clinic is selected, only providers limited to the clinic will list. See Provider Edit, Clinics Tab.
- Filters by provider assigned to procedure (i.e., treating provider).
Group By: List results are ordered by completed procedure date and patient name. Select one of the following to group the list by:
- Procedure (default): Lists patients by procedure code.
- Patient: Groups by patient name (one row per patient).
- Date and Patient: Groups by completed procedure date then patient name (one row per patient, per date).
From / To: Use the From and To dates dropdown menu to select the end date. Includes patients matching the filter criteria within the selected date range. Defaults to today's date.
Incomplete Procedure Notes
Click Refresh to update report results based on the currently selected filters. The Incomplete Procedure Notes grid will display results matching the filter criteria. Right-click or double-click a row to open the Chart Module for the selected patient.
Available columns may change based on the filter criteria. Descriptions of each column are below.
- Date: Procedure date.
- Patient Name: Patient last name and first name.
- Code: Procedure code associated to the incomplete note. If Group By behavior is set to Patient or Date and Patient, procedure code is listed only when there is a single procedure (i.e., multiple procedure groups will have no codes listed).
- Description: Procedure description. If Group By behavior is set to Patient or Date and Patient, a description of "Multiple Procedures" will show if multiple procedures contain incomplete notes.
- Tth: Tooth number associated to an individual procedure.
- Surf: Tooth surface associated to an individual procedure.
- Incomplete: X indicates the note is tagged as incomplete ("") or there is an incomplete auto note (i.e., unanswered prompts). Column only appears when Include procedures with no notes on any procedure for the same day or Include procedures with a note that is unsigned are checked.
- No Note: X indicates a blank procedure note. Column only appears when Include procedures with no notes on any procedure for the same day is checked.
- Unsigned: X indicates a note that contains no valid signature. Column only appears when Include procedures with a note that is unsigned is checked
Right-click or double-click a row to open the selected patient's chart.
Print / Export
Print: Click to immediately print the report results.
Export : Click to save the report results as a .txt or .xls file.
Close: Click to exit the report.