Use this window to process an ERA.
In the ERAs window, double-click on an ERA.
View ERA details, process ERAs, and finalize payment from this window.
The top half of the window displays information about the payer (carrier) and payee (office/provider).
Raw Message: Opens the raw data of the electronic file sent by insurance. This is used for troubleshooting purposes.
- Copy All: Click to copy all text of raw message.
- Print: Click to print raw message.
Provider adjustments will display if any exist. Double-click a row to open a simple window that can be used to copy text.
All claims in the ERA list under Claims Paid. Double-click a claim to manually Verify and Enter Payment .
- Recd: Received status. X indicates the claim payment has been processed and claim marked received.
- Patient: Patient associated to the claim.
- DateService: Date of service of the associated claim.
- Claim Identifier: Claim Identifier Number.
- Payor Control#: Payor Control Number.
- Status: Claim type information (e.g., processed as primary).
- ClaimFee: Total claim fee billed.
- InsPaid: Total insurance claim payment.
- PatPort: Total patient portion.
- Deduct: Patient deductible.
- Writeoff: Insurance write-off.
- Go to Account: View patient's account information.
- Add Tracking Status: Add a tracking status. See Track ERA for details.
A number of actions can be taken using the buttons at the bottom.
- Detach Claim: Click to detach a claim. When a claim cannot be processed in the ERA window, or, after processing the Claim an X is still not showing in the Recd column, follow the Detaching a Claim steps on ERA Workflow.
- Find Claim Matches For Detached: Click to find claim matches for any detached claim (claims with a received status of N/A).
- EOB Claim Details: Highlight a claim and select to view a breakdown of the claim. See EOB Claim Details.
- Print: Click to print the ERA.
- Print Preview: Click to preview before printing.
- Auto Process: Click to receive payment for all claims on the ERA and finalize the batch insurance payment. A popup will indicate how many claims were processed successfully, including any errors that need resolved. Correct any errors and click Auto Process again or receive claims manually as needed.
- Finalize Payment: Once all claims are received, click to finalize the payment.
- Delete: Delete this ERA. All claims must be manually detached.
When every claim in the ERA is marked Received, click Finalize Payment.
- Most information will be auto-populated. Enter any other details if needed.
- Click OK to open the Insurance Payment window. Verify that the correct claims are attached and the amount is accurate.
- If payment is paid via a prepaid insurance card and XCharge (OpenEdge), Edge Express, PayConnect Window, or PaySimple is enabled, users will see the corresponding payment buttons. Click a button to process the payment. When the transaction is complete, the Edit Insurance Payment window will still be open and transaction details will show in the Note.
- Click OK again to finalize the payment.