Attachments can be sent electronically.
Open a Claim and click the Edit Claim - Attachments Tab.
If the ClaimConnect E-Claims (DentalXChange) Attachment Service is set up correctly, the Add Attachment button will show above, and the other areas of the window will be grayed out.
If this is for a new Claim, be sure the Claim was saved, and then the Claim Edit Window was reopened.
Click Add Attachment
The Attachment ID will automatically populate when attachments are sent. DentalXChange will use the attachment ID to associate attachments to the claim.
- Click Validate Claim. This will populate attachment information directly from DentalXChange.
- Click Add Image to attach an existing image from your File Explorer, or click Snipping Tool to create a screenshot of an image. (See Below)
- As each image is added, the following window will appear:
Give the image a File Name.
The Date Created field will autopopulate with today's date. Change the date if needed.
Select the Image Type:
Select the Image Orientation Type.
- Referral Form
- Diagnostic Report
- Explanation of Benefits
- Other Attachments
- Periodontal Chart
- Back in the main window, add an optional Narrative.
- Click Create Attachment to send images to DentalXChange.
Once attachments have been sent, return to the Edit Claim window and send the claim. Attachments will automatically save in the patient's Image Module.
Use the snipping tool to grab a screenshot of an image if one does not already exist. This is useful to quickly grab an image without exporting and saving it first.
- Click New to create a new image.
- Click and drag the red box over the selected area.
- Click OK to save the image, or click Cancel to try again.