In the Appointments Module, a small circle can be added to an appointment box to indicate an appointment's confirmation status (e.g. confirmed, unconfirmed, called, emailed).
To show the confirmation circle, add it to the appointment view.
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Appointments, Appointment Views.
- Select the view.
- Add Confirmed Color to the Rows Displayed and select the location (e.g. Upper Right Corner).
Only users with the Appointment Confirmation Status Edit security permission can change the confirmation status. Changes to confirmation status are logged in the Audit Trail.
- Manually changing status via the Confirmation List.
- Sending a postcard, email, or text message from the Confirmation List.
- Sending or receiving an automated eConfirmation.
- When a patient responds to an eConfirmation with a confirmation code or via a URL link.
- Changing the Confirmed option on the Edit Appointment window.
- Changing the confirmation status in the Appointments module.
Add or Edit Confirmation Status Options
Confirmation status options and colors can be defined in Definitions, Appt Confirmed.
In the main menu, click Setup, Definitions.
The following status options are created by default:
- Not Called (White)
- Unconfirmed (Red)
- Appointment Confirmed (Green)
- Left Message: (Yellow)
- Arrived: (Orange)
- Ready to go back: (Purple)
- In Tx Room: (Blue)
- Front Desk: (Gray)
- eConfirm statuses: These status options apply to eConfirmations. To set defaults for each action, see eConfirmations.
- eConfirmSent: The status typically applied when an eConfirmation is sent.
- eConfirmCallBack: The status typically applied when patient requests a call back on an eConfirmation.
- eConfirmFailure: The status applied when there is an eConfirmation delivery failure.
- Created from Web Sched: The status typically applied when an appointment is scheduled using Web Sched Recall or Web Sched New Patient. See Web Sched Recall, Web Sched New Patient.
Highlight Appt Confirmed. Click Add or double-click a status to edit.
Name: Enter the confirmation status.
Abbrev: Enter the abbreviation of the status.
Color: Click the color box to associate a color with this status (the color of the circle when an appointment has this status).
eConfirmations: Set whether this status should affect the sending of eConfirmations or the automatic update of confirmation status.
- Exclude when sending: When checked, appointments with this status will not be sent eConfirmations.
- Exclude when confirming: When checked, appointments with this status will not have their status updated if an eConfirmation is sent.
eReminders / Exclude when sending: Set whether this status should affect the sending of eReminders. When checked, appointments with this status will not be sent eReminders.
Note: eReminder and eConfirmation exclude when sending
options are not available for statuses that have been set as triggers for Time Arrived, Time Seated, Time Dismissed in Appointments Module Preferences
Click OK to save.
The status listed first is the default for all new appointments, thus usually Unconfirmed is the first status listed. To remove a confirmation status as an option in various areas, check Hidden.
Questions and Answers
Reset confirmation status? popup
This popup can appear when moving an appointment. Three criteria must be in place before this popup will appear:
- The appointment is scheduled on any date other than today.
- On the Edit Appointment window, the selected confirmation status is not the first status in the dropdown list.
- The appointment is being moved to a new time on the same day.