In the Main Menu, click Setup, Program Links. Double-click on Podium.
Podium allows users to automatically send review invitations to new and recurring patients. Podium uses your practice's appointment schedule to send review invitations by text message to existing patients at increments of your choosing. Podium accesses your database of patient phone numbers automatically, so you will never have to worry about manually sending out review invites.
To sign up for Podium and begin using their services, visit podium.com. You must be signed up for Podium to use the bridge in Open Dental. Once set up, click the Podium button in StandardReports to launch your account.
Note: Exceptions thrown by Podium can be found in "PathToOpenDental"\Logger\Podium.
To enable the bridge:
- Check the Enabled box.
- Enter your Computer name or IP (required).
- Enter the API Token (required) and Location ID (required) supplied by Podium.
- To use OpenDentalService, check Use service to send invitations. If not, the computer that will send Podium review invitations needs to have Open Dental running at all times. To install OpenDentalService see Service Manager.
- To show Podium commlogs in the Chart module, check Show commlogs in the chart. Uncheck to hide commlogs from the patient chart. This box is checked by default.
- Choose the clinic that will be associated with the invite. The Location ID will change depending on clinic.
- Set Trigger Rules. After the trigger action (e.g. an appointment is set complete), the invitation will be sent according to the rules.
- Select trigger options for existing and new patients.
- Set complete: Send an invitation after an appointment is set complete.
- Time Arrived: Send an invitation after a patient is marked arrived.
- Time Dismissed: Send an invitation after a patient is marked dismissed.
Note: If a patient declines review invitations be sent via text message, set their Text OK
status in the Edit Patient Information
. Review invitations will still be sent via email.
When using clinics, the Location ID is based off the clinic associated to the appointment.