In the Main Menu, click Setup, Program Links, PDMP.
The PDMP (Prescription Drug Monitoring Program) bridge is for users in California, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Utah, and Washington. Users must be on support with Open Dental to use this feature.
If you have not registered for PDMP:
Note: Users in other states can use the Appriss Bridge
The following must be set before using the PDMP bridge:
- Providers must have a First Name, Last Name, DEA Number, and National Provider ID entered.
- Patients must have a First Name, Last Name, Birthdate, Zip Code, and Gender entered.
- The logged-on User must be associated with a provider.
- The Open Dental Service must be installed and running.
To enable the bridge, set the following information:
- Check the Enabled box.
- Double-Click into each of the Additional Properties to enter login credentials. These are issued by Logicoy and are required. Enter the credentials for your state only.
- PDMP Provider License Field: Enter the state license or the state Rx ID. If this field is left blank, the state license is used.
- PDMP FacilityID: Practice name.
- PDMP Username: Username used when accessing PDMP
- PDMP Password: Password used when accessing PDMP
- Setup a clickable bridge button.
- Under Add a button to these toolbars, highlight where to display the button.
- Change the Text on button if desired.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).
- If using clinics, click Hide Button for Clinics. Select which clinics the button should display on.
- Click OK.
Users must log into the PDMP Portal at least once every 90 days to keep the account active.