Tasks Lists and Tasks
Task lists and tasks are managed in the Tasks area. They can be used for office communications, reminders, appointment lists, patient lists, daily, weekly, or monthly check off lists, etc. A task list can include nested task lists or tasks.
Create and Reply to Tasks
See also: Webinar: Introduction to Tasks and Task Lists
The Tasks area may be docked on your main window, or can be opened via the Manage module, Tasks.
Tasks lists that have new tasks are flagged with an orange checkbox and the number of new tasks appears in parentheses.
+/-: Task text that is more than 250 characters, has two or more task notes, or one task note more than 250 characters can be expanded or collapsed. The + or - in the +/- column indicates in current state. The default is set in Task Setup.
- + indicates a task that is collapsed. Click + to expand .
- - indicates a task that is expanded. Click - to collapse text.
- Click the +/- column header to toggle all tasks between expand or collapse.
When the Tasks area is docked, you can resize the area by dragging the splitter (the horizontal bar between the tasks area and the rest of the screen). To change docking options, right click on the splitter, or click Setup, Task.
- Options: Set task list options.
- Show Finished Tasks: If checked, view tasks that have been marked Done in the selected task list.
- Finished Task Start Date:
View tasks marked Done on or after this date. Enter any date in this field.
- Sort appointment type task lists by AptDateTime: If checked, task lists that have
Object Type set as Appointment will sort by the appointment's date and time, not the date and time the task list was created.
- Default tasks to collapsed state: If checked, tasks that meet the criteria will be collapsed by default.
- Add Task List: Create a new Task List.
- Add Task: Create a new Task. Click the dropdown to add a reminder task.
- Search: Search for specific tasks. Searching for Tasks
- Manage Blocks: Block task popups for specific task lists. Select the lists to block, then click OK. Tasks in selected lists will not pop up, but will still show in the 'New for User' tab until read.
Tabs: Click on a tab and its task lists will show.
- for 'User': Task lists that the current user is subscribed to. See Subscribe to a Task List. Typically includes a user's inbox.
- New for 'User': See the current user's new tasks and due reminders all at once.
- Open Tasks: Keep track of tasks that have an object type of 'Patient' and are 'From' the currently logged on user. This tab is only visible if 'Show open tasks for user' is checked in Task Setup.
- Patient Tasks: Keep track of tasks that have an object type of 'Patient' and a patient attached. When the attached patient is selected, their tasks will show in this list.
- Main: All shared task lists and inboxes.
- Reminders: View all task reminders regardless of due status. Reminders replace repeating tasks in 16.3 and greater. See Task Reminders for setup.
- In 16.2 and earlier, repeating task tabs show by default. In 16.3 and later, enable or disable repeating task tabs in Task Setup.
Task Lists: Click on a task list to see the tasks within.
- Right click on a task list to edit properties, cut, copy, paste, delete, subscribe, unsubscribe.
- If you move a main task list into its own sub-task list, the sub-task list(s) will become main task list(s).
Tasks: The task text.
- Double click a task to open it. See Task Window.
- Right click a task to mark it done, edit properties, set task priority, cut, copy or paste, Send to Me or Go To an attached patient or appointment.
Task Popout Count
The task popout window displays the number of tasks in the selected task list. Hover over the Open Dental icon on the taskbar to view. Task count only shows when the tasks window is open and a task list or tab is selected.