Create Task Lists and User Inboxes
Task lists are a way to organize Tasks. A task list can have nested task lists or tasks within it, much like the folder/file concept. A user's inbox is also considered a task list. Task lists are managed in the Tasks Area.
Create a Task List
- In the Tasks area, click the Main tab.
- Click Add Task List, or right click on an existing task list and select Edit Properties. The Task List Create security Permission is required to add a task list.
- Enter the task list information:
- Description: The task list name.
- Date: Leave blank unless this is a Repeating Task List.
- Date Type: Leave blank unless this is a repeating task list.
- Is from Repeating: Indicates if this task list was generated by a repeating task list.
- Object Type:
- Patient: Use when setting up an inbox, or if you want this task list to be available in the main Toolbar when you click To Task List.
- Appointment: Use when you want this task list to be available when you click To Task List in the Appointment Edit Window. Sort Appointment task lists by the appointment's date and time in Task Options.
- Click OK.
A User Inbox is a task list that contains tasks sent directly to a specific user when you click Send To or Reply.
To set up an inbox:
- Create a Task List for each user. In the tasks area, click Main, Add TaskList. Use Patient as the Object Type.
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Tasks, Inbox Setup. If using 16.2 or earlier, in the tasks area, click Setup in the upper left corner.
Current users appear on the left. All inboxes set up appear on the right.
- Click on the user, click on the inbox, then click Set. Click OK.
- Have each user log in and Subscribe to their inbox.