This report lists all new patients whose first completed procedure falls within a specific date range and their total production. This is not related to the patient's date of first visit. The report can optionally be filtered by primary provider. To report by treating provider instead, see Query by Treating Provider below.
- In the Main Menu, click Reports, Standard.
- In the Lists section, click New Patients.
- Providers: Select the providers to include. Select All to include all providers. Press Ctrl and click or click and drag to highlight multiple providers.
- Today's Date: Automatically populated with today's date.
- Date Range: The date range determines which patients show based on their first completed procedure. The current month, based on Today's Date, is the default.
- Click the left arrow to move back one month.
- Click the right arrow to move forward one month.
- Click This Month to reset the current month.
Note: The production calculated in the report is for all time, not a specific date or date range.
- Include address information: Include each patient's preferred name, street address, second address, city, state and zip on the report. If checked, the report will print in landscape mode instead of portrait.
- Exclude patients with no production: Exclude patients who had no completed procedures or had treatment that resulted in no cost.
- Click OK to preview the report. For a description of toolbar buttons, see Complex Report System.
Query by Treating Provider
To report by treating provider, see Query 1215 in Query Examples. This query will list, by treating provider, all new patients whose first completed procedure date falls within the date range. Since a patient can see more than one provider on their first visit, the sum of the new patient counts may be equal to, or greater than, the standard New Patient Report result. For example, a patient seen by two providers on their initial visit will be counted twice (once for each provider).