PayConnect payments can be voided, rather than returned, if the payment was made less than 30 minutes ago.
In the Payment Window, click PayConnect.
Voiding PayConnect credit card payments or returns removes the original transaction from the patient's bank the same day. Transactions may only be voided within 30 minutes of the original transaction.
If the transaction is older than 25 minutes or has been deposited, process a return instead. Returns require a few days to process. See Credit Card Return.
Void a PayConnect Transaction
- Locate the original transaction to be voided. Copy the Ref Number from the Payment Note, then identify the payment amount and the clinic, provider, and procedure or unearned type allocation.
- In the patient's account, click Payment. Enter the amount of the original transaction as a negative (e.g. -66). Click OK to open the Payment window.
- If using Clinics, select the clinic of the original payment.
- Allocate the voids payment split (Paysplit) to the procedure or unearned income type of the original payment. See Paysplit Revise.
- Click PayConnect.
- In the Pay Connect Payment Information window, select Void and enter the Ref Number, Card Number, Expiration Date, and Security code of the original transaction.
- Click OK to process. The payment window will immediately close and the transaction details are automatically added to the payment note.
It is recommended to run the Income Transfer Manager after the payment window has closed. This is to ensure the void is properly allocated.