PayConnect credit card payments or returns can be voided within 30 minutes of the original transacation. Voiding removes the original transcation from the patient's bank account the same day. If the transaction is older than 30 minutes or has been deposited, you can return the payment instead; returns require a few days to process. See Credit Card Return.See Credit Card Return.
To void a PayConnect transaction:
- Locate the transaction you would like to void and in the payment note identify the Ref Number and payment amount.
- In the patient's Account Module, click Payment.
- Enter the amount of the transaction to void/return as a negative amount (it must match the original transaction amount), then click OK to open the Payment.
- Clinics: Verify the correct clinic is selected.
- Current Payment Splits: Allocate voids pay split to a procedure or unearned income type.
- If voiding a payment that has been allocated: Add a pay split associated to the original procedure. Check Show All Charges, locate the charge for the original procedure, then click Add Partial and enter a negative split amount.
- If voiding a prepayment that hasn't been allocated yet, add a pay split and assign the unearned type of the original prepayment.
- If the original payment was not allocated to a procedure or unearned type, you do not need to create a pay split.
If no pay split is added an unallocated pay split will be created.
- Click PayConnect to open the PayConnect Window.
- Enter the transaction information, using the same information as the original transaction (PayConnect needs this for verification purposes).
- Select Void as the Transaction Type.
- Ref Number
- Card Number, Expiration Date, and Security Code.
- Click OK to process, the payment window will immediately close.
The Credit Card Transaction Details will be automatically added to the payment Note, a receipt will automatically print and the payment window will immediately close.