View, add, or edit a patient's medications on the Chart Medical Area, Medications tab. To open the window:
- In the Chart Module, double click the pink medical area.
- Click the Medications tab.
Add Medication: Add a medication from the Medications List.
Show Discontinued Medications: List medications that have a Stop Date prior to today's date.
Medications: A list of this patient's entered medications. Double click a medication to change start/stop dates, provider, count, instructions, and refills. The EHR InfoButton may show if EHR is turned on.
Print Medications: Print a list of the patient's medications.
Active medications also list in the Chart module medical area. Every time you add, edit or remove a patient medication, an entry is made in the Audit Trail.
Add a Medication
- Click Add Medication to open the Medications List, All Medications tab.
- Double-click a medication to select it. If you do not see the medication, you can add it to the master list.
The Medication area lists the drug information as entered in the Medications List.
- Provider: Click the drop down to change the provider.
- Notes for this Patient: Enter patient-specific notes. If EHR is turned on, this area will be labeled Count, Instructions, Refills.
- Date Start: Enter the date the medication was started, if known. Click Today to insert today's date.
- Date Stop: Enter the date the medication was stopped, if known. Click Today to insert today's date. As long as the Date Stop is a future date or left blank, the medication will be considered active. If the stop date is prior to today's date, the medication is considered inactive/discontinued. If using Electronic Rx (eRx), when a medication is marked discontinued in eRx, a stop date will automatically be entered for the medication in Open Dental when the Chart module is refreshed.
- Click OK to save.
Remove: Remove this medication from the patient's medication list.