For patients without insurance, a Discount Plan can be added to offer office defined discounts.
In the Family Module, double-click an existing discount plan.
- For a patient with an existing discount plan, in the Family Module, click Discount Plan.
- For a patient without a discount plan, click Discount Plan to add a new plan. See below for details.
Note: To make edits to a plans Annual Max or Frequency Limitations, see Discount Plans
- Discount Plan ID: A number assigned to the discount plan automatically. Cannot be changed.
- Discount Plan: The name of the discount plan associated with this patient. Click [...] to change Discount Plan.
- Fee Schedule: The fee schedule assigned to the discount plan.
- Adjustment Type: The adjustment type selected for the discount plan.
- Plan Note: Notes specific to the Discount Plan in general.
- Subscriber Information
- Name: Subscriber name. Displays last name, first name.
- Effective Dates: Enter the effective from and to dates for patient's discount plan.
- Subscriber Note: Notes specific to the subscriber of the plan.
- Drop: Drop plan from the current patient. Alternatively, use the dropdown menu on the Discount Plan button in the Family Module.
- OK: Click to save any changes.
- Cancel: Click to close window without saving changes.
Add a Discount Plan
In the Family Module toolbar, click Discount Plan. The Discount Plans list will display.
Double-click a plan from the list or, highlight a plan and click OK to add the plan to the patient. If a plan is not listed, click Add to create a new plan. See Discount Plans.
Once a plan is selected, make any necessary changes to the Plan Note and Subscriber Information on the Discount Plan Subscriber Edit window.
View Discount Amounts in the Treatment Plan Module
In the Treatment Plan module, fee estimates will consider the discount plan. To show the discount amount in the Procedures grid:
- Add DPlan to TreatmentPlanModule in Display Fields.
- In the Treatment Plan, double-click the unsaved Treatment Plan (active or inactive), and set the Plan Type to Discount.