For Canada users, click Lists, Insurance Carriers.
Carriers can easily be added and maintained, without manually creating each one. Insurance carriers marked as CDAnet are capable of sending electronic claims to ITRANS or Claimstream (TELUS).
- Carrier: Search the list by carrier name.
- ElectID: Search the list by electronic ID.
- Phone: Search the list by carrier phone number.
- Show Hidden: Check to include carriers marked as hidden.
- CDAnet Only: Check to only show carriers marked as CDAnet.
Click Refresh to update the list.
To update your Carriers list, select your criteria and click Update Carriers.This button is for ITRANS 2.0 and Claimstream users only. Carriers are updated based on the Electronic ID.
- Name: Update carrier names.
- Address: Update carrier addresses.
- Phone: Update carrier phone numbers.
- Add Missing: Add any missing CDAnet carriers (e.g. new carriers) based on carrier name and carrier ID. Carriers that share a carrier ID or don't support electronic claims need to be added manually.
Note: Regardless of whether any boxes are checked, the CDAnet information in the bottom half of each carrier is still updated when the Update Carrier tool is run.
Click Add to add a new carrier.
Click Combine to merge duplicate carriers. Also see Combine Carriers.
Double-click on a carrier to view carrier information and CDAnet information.
The Carrier information in the top half is editable by the office.
The data under CDAnet is maintained by the CDA. This information is updated when running the Update Carriers tool.
The following carriers are supported by ITRANS: http://www.goitrans.com/itrans-support-carrier-listing/
Detailed carrier information can be found on the CDA website: http://cda-adc.ca/en/services/cdanet/networks_insurance_new/#/
Note: October 8, 2019 Note for our Canadian Customers:
We are aware of issues regarding the ClaimSecure carrier. You may receive an "Input string was not in a correct format" error when sending claims.
Claims are going through to ClaimSecure, however you are not able to view EOB or Acknowledgment responses. You may send predeterminations prior to sending the claim to view payment information.
Update Carrier Logic
For brand new offices: To import the most recent carrier data, check all boxes (Name, Address, Phone, and Add Missing), then click Update Carriers. This will import the most recent carrier data from the CDA.
For offices that converted to Open Dental or are existing Open Dental users: Uncheck Name, Address, and Phone. Keep Add Missing checked, then click Update Carriers. This will update the CDAnet information for all carriers, as well as add any missing or new carriers. This ensures that existing carrier data (such as name and address) is not edited.
Duplicate Carriers: You may find duplicate carriers in your list. This can be caused for a number of reasons. For example:
- You recently converted to Open Dental.
- You accidentally created a carrier when adding insurance to a patient, rather than adding the carrier from the list.
- You added a carrier manually instead of using the Update Carrier tool.
- If a carrier in your list had its name edited, and you run the Update Carrier tool with Add Missing checked, a duplicate carrier will import.
Duplicate carriers should be combined into the correct carrier.