For Canada users, claims can be submitted using the updated ITRANS 2.0 clearinghouse.
For information on ITRANS 2.0, see Question and Answers about ITRANS 2.0 from the Canadian Dental Association.
There are four steps to installing ITRANS 2.0. Users must contact Open Dental support for installation.
- Install provider certificates.
- Install the CCDWS service.
- Install ITRANS Claims Director service.
- Setup the ITRANS 2.0 clearinghouse in Open Dental.
- Open Dental support is required for the installation of ITRANS 2.0 and the CCDWS service. We recommend contacting support prior to installing ITRANS 2.0.
- Existing ITRANS users should contact Open Dental support for assistance transitioning to ITRANS 2.0.
Install Provider Certificates
Certificates (Digital ID's) are required to submit claims electronically.
See CDA Digital IDs for installation instructions.
Install the CCDWS Service
The CCDWS service allows claims to be submitted to Carriers on different networks.
See CCDWS Service for installation instructions.
Install ITRANS Claims Director Service
ITRANS 2.0 includes the ITRANS Claims Director (ICD) service, which sends and receives claim and carrier information.
- On the Windows administrator account of your server, download ICD for Windows from https://www.cda-adc.ca/get/.
- Click ICD for Windows. The download will begin automatically.
- Open the downloaded file location, right-click the CCDWS installation and select Run as administrator.
- If prompted, select English (United States), then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Change the installation path to C:\ICD\, then click Next.
- Enter the Service User Account (typically named CDANetUser). Then enter the password and click Next.
Note: Ensure the domain, user, and password are entered correctly or the service will not install. If not using a domain, enter the server name instead (e.g. server\user or .\user).
- Ensure the ICD folder is set to c:\ICD\ then click Next.
- Set the Time to Check for updates. 3 a.m. is the default. Then click Next.
- Keep the Networks folders in their default location. These do not need to change. Then click Next.
- Review the Input and Output file naming conventions. These do not need to change. Then click Next.
- Click Install.
- A wyUpdate window will appear. Click Finish.
Note: If the wyUpdate window does not show the above screenshot and instead shows the error: Unable to check for updates, the server file failed to load, still click Finish and proceed to the next step.
- When the ITRANS installer is complete, click Finish.
- Share out the ICD folder so all users have read and write permissions.
- Restart the ITRANS Claims Director service.
Set the ITRANS 2.0 Clearinghouse
Setup the ITRANS clearinghouse to enable ITRANS 2.0 claim submission.
In the Main Menu, click Setup, Family/Insurance, Clearinghouses. Double-click the ITRANS clearinghouse.
- Change the Description to ITRANS 2.0.
- Set the Claim Export Path to \\ServerName\ICD\.
- Set the Report Path to \\ServerName\ICD\.
- Ensure Use Claim Export Path is checked.
- Set your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Option.
- Do Not Download EOBs: EOBs will display, but amounts from EOBs will not be downloaded into claims/predeterminations.
- Download EOBs, Do Not Auto Receive: EOBs will display and amounts from EOBs will be automatically downloaded as insurance estimate overrides (claims and predeterminations) and preauth estimates (predeterminations only), but the claim/predetermination will not be marked as received.
- Download EOBs and Auto Receive: EOBs will display and amounts from EOBs will be automatically downloaded as insurance estimate overrides (claims and predeterminations) and as preauth estimates (predeterminations only), and claim procedures will be received using the same amounts. Claim payment will need to be finalized after receiving payment from the carrier.
- Click OK to save.
From the main E-Claims window, ensure ITRANS 2.0 is set as your default clearinghouse.