In the Appointment Schedule, select the appointment and click the Set Complete action button.
Once a scheduled appointment is finished, you should set it complete. This will mark all procedures attached to the appointment complete as well.
Several preferences affect behavior when setting an appointment complete.
When an appointment is set complete, the following changes occur:
- The appointment status changes to complete.
- The status of each attached procedure is changed from treatment planned (TP) to complete (C).
- The provider for each procedure is assigned automatically based on the operatory settings.
- Default Procedure Notes are copied into each procedure.
- The procedure date is set to today's date.
- For advanced users:
- Sets the SiteNum for each procedure to be the same as patient.SiteNum.
- Sets appointment InsPlan1 and InsPlan2 according to the current coverage.
- Syncs recall.
- If the appointment provider does not match at least one provider on an attached procedure, the user will receive a prompt.
- Manually changing a procedure's status to complete on the Procedure Info window only changes the status. It does not change the procedure date or copy default procedure notes.