Appointment rules prevent double booking of a provider's time for certain procedures.
In the Main Menu, click Setup, Appointments, Appointment Rules.
Rules can be created for a single procedure code or a range of procedures codes.
Click Add to create a new appointment rule, or double-click a rule to edit.
- Description: Enter the identifying name.
- Code Start/End: Enter the procedure code(s) this rule will apply to. For one procedure code, enter the same code in each field. For a range of procedure codes, enter the start and end procedure code.
- Is Enabled: Check to enforce the appointment rule. Uncheck to disable the rule.
Delete: Click to permanently remove a rule.
Click OK to save.
- When an Appointment Rule exists for a procedure code range, only one appointment can exist at the scheduled time in the Appointment View.
- If a user attempts to schedule another appointment with a procedure in the code range for a time that overlaps the existing appointment, a warning message appears, regardless of the Operatory or provider.
- Only provider appointment time is considered when blocking, so non-provider time is allowed to overlap.
- If double booking of procedures is allowed (i.e., no appointment rules for a procedure), conflicts show in the Provider Time Bars on the appointment schedule.
WebSched Double Booking
To allow double booking of providers through Web Sched, disable the setting Prevent double booking in Web Sched New Patient and Web Sched Recall. When disabled double booking will be allowed, unless otherwise prevented by Appointment Rules.
To prevent double booking for certain Web Sched Appointment Types, create an Appointment Rule that contains procedure(s) corresponding to the Web Sched Appointment Type.